Bacon Avocado Chicken Sandwich and Sausage White Bean Kale Soup

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Pounded out a couple of BSCB, seasoned with black pepper, Webers Kickin' Chicken, then breaded them in Italian bread crumbs. I wanted to use Panko but was out.

Was a rainy afternoon but it let up just as we were getting home from running a few errands so I got to cook these on the grill.

Cooked up some bacon then added lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, mayo, grainy mustard on a ciabatta roll.

Also made Sausage White Bean Kale soup. A new soup to us and boy do we really like it. It was a hot soup and sandwich kind of day today, a little chilly and rainy so this meal really hit the spot!

Awesome meal John! Do you have a recipe for the soup or is it just
clean out the fridge type soup? ;)

I do but I don't really have amounts I just add what looks good. I don't like to measure, that is why I don't like to bake. I used a package of Mild Italian sausage removed from their casings, half a diced onion, about 3 medium sized carrots diced, and 3 stalks celery, diced. Cooked and broke up the sausage and when they were about half way done I added the veggies and cooked until sausage was done and veggies were soften. Added some chicken stock to fill the pot about half way and brought it to a boil. Added 2 bunches of kale with the stalks removed an let it come up to a simmer and simmered for about a half hour. I added my seasonings now too, black pepper, sage, thyme, and cumin. About 10 minutes before serving I added 2 cans of drained white beans. Last time I made it I added diced potatoes instead of beans and that was good too.

Now I know what I want to do with the bscb's sitting in the frdge for supper tonight!
Bird and soup both look fantastic John!

Back