<('@')> Bacon ´ö`

Is that a 10" or a 12" slicer? I need one of those.
that's a very good question Peter... so good I had to measure it.
the blade is 7" and the slide back can cut a 9½" slice.
I hope that does answer your question.
It is a relatively inexpensive meat slicer. The Chefs Choice 610.

Tell me about your lighting method...you used a chain method? Why the chimney?
well, KT... the chain (or snake or fuse) method is awesome.
you control the temp quite accurate by the amount of coals you stack.
On this smoke, I believe I used 3 good used WEBER briquettes on the base with two KINGSFORD briqs on top of those with one more additional briq atop the two.
And with my selection of wood atop it all. In this case, I think I maintained an easy and constant temp of 215ºF to 220ºF.

The chimney was used to start the beginning coals that would be strategically placed at the end (or beginning) of the chain, snake, or fuse... which ever term you choose to use.

The Snake Method.
The Fuse Method.
The Chain Method.

Call it anything you like, I like them all :D

well, KT... the chain (or snake or fuse) method is awesome.
you control the temp quite accurate by the amount of coals you stack.
On this smoke, I believe I used 3 good used WEBER briquettes on the base with two KINGSFORD briqs on top of those with one more additional briq atop the two.
And with my selection of wood atop it all. In this case, I think I maintained an easy and constant temp of 215ºF to 220ºF.

The chimney was used to start the beginning coals that would be strategically placed at the end (or beginning) of the chain, snake, or fuse... which ever term you choose to use.

The Snake Method.
The Fuse Method.
The Chain Method.

Call it anything you like, I like them all :D

Thanks for that feedback, Jim. I’ve been thinking about running a few tests using that method to see if I can get around 160 to maybe 180 max to smoke some fish. I’ll give it a try.

Incredible, thanks for sharing, have the itch to do some soon for the 1st time so this is def pushing me in the right direction!

I’m so sorry we missed each other the other day Jim, the P1Gvillion is pretty cool, it gives me some ideas about what I might do for my own outdoor festival site! I really wish we had had some time to chat! Must repeat the chance! You were maybe half an hour from my friends place.

I’m so sorry we missed each other the other day Jim, the P1Gvillion is pretty cool, it gives me some ideas about what I might do for my own outdoor festival site! I really wish we had had some time to chat! Must repeat the chance! You were maybe half an hour from my friends place.
I apologize for the miscommunication Tim :( had I known you were heading home in the morning, I could have taken off work half a day and it'd been a perfect timing meet... also wish you woulda toured the P1G on your own, no alarms were set and the neighbors don't own guns (that i'm aware of)…
Anyway, wished I was there to meet/greet you.
Next time certainly!

Jim, sorry I'm so late getting back to you but the restaurant I believe was called Don and Charlies it closed April 10th of this year to make room for a parking structure.

Back