Baby backs on the wsm

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
This is the first time in years that I use the WSM almost forgot how to operate it. The ribs are still cooking but I'm on the final stage of the 2/1.5/1 cooking method. For fun, I also put a half a dozen wings on the smoker for two hours they are not yet finished. I know these ribs are wet, I just put sauce on them but I think they're going to turn out great

Last edited:
Thanks, I know the fresh sause takes away but I pulled them after 30 min and they look fantastic.

First time I used the rib rack. Didn't like it, tossed it in the trash, I'm not washing that damn thing plus, it was hard to get the ribs out when it was time to foil.

David, those ribs look good, but if I were you, I'd fish out that rib rack from the trash. It might come in handy some time down the road. One never knows.

Nice looking ribs. I don't care for the rib rack much ether, but with an 18.5 WSM I keep it around just in case. I might try coiling instead if I get a rack that won't fit.

Outstanding looking ribs for sure. Like Rich said we may try the coiling next time just for fun.

What brand rib rack is that?

I don't know, it is heavy and heavy duty. It will probably survive the dump for many years. First and last time I ever used it. Now know I don't like them and not scrubbing them either

Back