Baby backs on the mini

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
Haven't done ribs in a long time. Figured it was time. Used my latest portable mini I built. This is one rack cut in half. Mango habanero on one half and brown sugar and honey on the other. I used the same dry rub on both.

Wrap time
image_134.jpeg

image_135.jpeg

image_136.jpeg

Moved the mini to the table since it was no longer in the shade. It's so easy to move since everything connects together. Just pick it up by the handle.
image_137.jpeg

image_138.jpeg

image_139.jpeg

A pick of a plate for the girls.
image_140.jpeg

Mommy and daddy's plate
image_142.jpeg

Cooked perfect IMO. Bites were clean.
image_143.jpeg

I was wondering where the smoke ring was. I didn't see it until I picked up the thickest piece. All the others were solid smoke ring.
image_141.jpeg

Nate! Either you're a freakin master at photoshop, or that's the kind of smoke ring legends are made of!! Holy cow those ribs look awesome! If you posted your mini build in the forum, it must have slipped by me, I really like the way you have connected the mini together, not only for ease of maneuverability, but I imagine it really comes in handy if you ever travel with the mini as well.
AWESOME post my friend,
Tim

Nate! Either you're a freakin master at photoshop, or that's the kind of smoke ring legends are made of!! Holy cow those ribs look awesome! If you posted your mini build in the forum, it must have slipped by me, I really like the way you have connected the mini together, not only for ease of maneuverability, but I imagine it really comes in handy if you ever travel with the mini as well.
AWESOME post my friend,
Tim

Here's the link to this mini build http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?65877-Building-another-mini

Nate, awesome job on the ribs and I like the way you did your mini. Makes for moving very easy for sure, that's for sharing.

Nate;
It looks like you "knocked that one out of the park" (on both the build of the mini and the ribs)!!

Thanks for sharing with us!

keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I like the mini Nate.
You defiantly got a nice smoke ring on those ribs, and how was the Mango Habanero HOT sauce?

Fantastic! I recently did a cook similar to this that I am looking to perfect. Can you give a brief summary of your cook?

Back