Autzen Stadium Bday Tailgate Go Ducks!

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Early arrival for a looooooong tailgate at Autzen in Eugene yesterday with my son for his 13th Bday and three of his friends.
Prepped everything the night before and also grilled a tri-tip Friday night to use for some sliders 🍔. IMG_3115.jpegThrew the potatoes on the Baby Q right after we got there!IMG_3129.jpegMixed in some drummers that I coated with my Santa Maria rub and then added some rub I found in my tailgate box from TJ’s!IMG_3133.jpegIMG_3131.jpegLet the chicken cook while the cheese melted over the spuds 🥔!IMG_3137.jpegThe Duck cruised by to say hello!IMG_3132.jpegChicken was delicious…IMG_3136.jpegAdded some sliders and asparagusIMG_3138.jpegIMG_3139.jpegGame was a blowout but U of O added a lot of cool Hawaii culture to the festivities.IMG_3148.jpegCheers!IMG_3155.jpeg

I’ve tailgated many a time at Autzen Stadium. I’m a U of O graduate (70-74) in the Dan Fouts and Bobby Moore (Ahmad Rashad now) days. We were better at basketball in those days, beating UCLA (University of California named after Lew Alcindor) both at home and Pauley Pavilion and the track and field team with Steve Prefontaine was great to watch. I watched some of the Diamond Classic T&F at Hayward Field after the Duck game. Your spread looks great. Next week should be a barn burner!!

Oregon beats Oregon State in the Jeremiah Masoli days
1694970830213.jpeg

Very cool…I had season tickets from 2002-2014. Went to almost all home games during that time, including the one in the photo you included when Masoli steamrolled the Beaver DB to ice the game and clinch the PAC 10 (remember that) championship and Rose Bowl appearance! Go Ducks!

I do remember that. As soon as Masoli lowered his shoulder and hit that DB to get the first down, I told my friends that this game’s over. That single play sparked the Ducks and defeated the Beavers.
1695001063122.jpeg

Back