At VERY long, long last...My Skyline Dream is a reality!

Jon's design with the black wood inspired me for my restoration. I used cedar and stained it black. But I left off the side burner and put a table instead. I also used a wire rack at the bottom which I had left over from another grill. Painting these wood slats is just a lot of work. Also I did not have the HW for a right side foldup table. Originally I wanted to keep it but I really don't need two large gas grills. So this was was sold and is with a new owner.

Attachments

• Skyline.jpg
    Skyline.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 20
"Black stain"??? My first reaction is yuk. But that looks great. I like it a lot.
Was that hard to sell? Did you get a premium price for it?

"Black stain"??? My first reaction is yuk. But that looks great. I like it a lot.
Was that hard to sell? Did you get a premium price for it?
Yes it took me while to sell. No premium price either. It was sold to another "Boomer" who bought it because he had another Weber in the past.

Stefan: Unfortunately, I have done up a few "premium" grills with some nice touches and bells and whistles, but I have found that most people just want a good solid well functioning basic grill.

Same here. The only "premium" feature which I was always able to sell was stainless steel. I always sold grills with SS lids much faster than grills with black or colored lids. And if the grills had a closed cabinet with SS doors it was even better.
And accessories like rotisseries are not in demand either. Most folks just seem to want a grill to do some burgers or hot dogs.

yah, I guess I shouldn't be so quick to replace the SS lids. I just hate not being able to clean them up inside and much of the time, the liner is all rotted out already. I just don't get any cabinet Silver B's up here where the bottom isn't a total rust mess. So, it is a given they need to be converted to open cart for rehab purposes. It is too costly to replace the cabinet parts.

Back