Asparagus water at Whole Foods for six bucks

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I've been to a Whole Foods store one time, it was a few years back.
Walked each aisle, did not buy a single thing.
Wish they had gus water back then, what a great gag gift!
http://time.com/3985325/whole-foods-asparagus-water/

asparagus-water-600x600.jpg

I am trying to imagine how many thousands of dollars I have dumped down the drain over the years.

Ingredients: Water, Asparagus
It's hard to read the label warning, something about the asparagus being pasteurized, but may contain bacteria possibly harmful to children?

sold at one CA store only, but since pulled.

They just opened a second WF here in the Charlotte area. Pammi and I went to the first store once. Looked through the whole store and bought a six pack of beer!

They just opened a second WF here in the Charlotte area. Pammi and I went to the first store once. Looked through the whole store and bought a six pack of beer!

Was it the one by South Park, did the same thing, walked through, thought about hitting the bar but then just decided to buy a jar of horse radish and some hot sauce then left, wasn't impressed for all the hype.

Same here we have a whole foods been in it once and that was enough. We also have Trader Joes which I love (have to say that my daughter is a manager in one in Cali) and Sprouts which has great prices and excellent produce.

Don, yes it was. We haven't been to the new one in Huntersville yet. I heard on the news this morning that a third one is going to open just off of I485 and Providence Rd. Probably won't be going to THAT one either! :p

Everyone's survival kit should have an asparagus water generator. Just take an asparagus spear, cut off both ends, and use it as a straw to suck water through in an emergency. I can't believe that no one on Naked and Afraid or any of the other survival shows has brought one along.

Living in Denver, WF has the best seafood at retail. Plus they carry bulk foods and some specialty items like dulse that you can't find elsewhere.

And they're cheapest for organic milk, surprisingly enough.

I do shop at Whole Foods sometimes but just for a few, very specific items. Never saw that outrageous asparagus water, but that seems typical for WF. Most of their stuff is wildly overpriced.

This just proves how stupid people are. $6 for asparagus water? What a bunch of dopes.

Everyone knows full-well that radish water is the way to go! It's usually a couple bucks more, but you get four radishes....

Don, yes it was. We haven't been to the new one in Huntersville yet. I heard on the news this morning that a third one is going to open just off of I485 and Providence Rd. Probably won't be going to THAT one either! :p

Not to mention where WF #1 is located, I'm surprised they don't run a credit check before they let you in the store not to mention parking was a PIA but I did like the Fresh Market, there is one on Pineville/Matthews rd between Carmel and Johnston and another one just down from me off Providence and Sardis.

Don,we have been to the Fresh Markets before. It was ok. Pammi and I much prefer the Earth Fare in Huntersville. The one in south Charlotte is bigger, but doesn't have as good a meat counter as Huntersville IMHO.

Back