Applewood smoked chicken breasts with foiled potaoes

Tim Murphy

TVWBB Fan
Dear Board,

It was a nice day around here so I fired up the OTG. I seasoned the chicken breasts with a special recipe from a family friend. I spritzed them at every turn with a 50/50 mix of apple cider vinegar and water using a spray bottle. It really helps.

The potatoes were quartered and mixed with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, course ground pepper, olive oil, and rosemary and garlic parmesan cheese. We also had California blend carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower with lots of butter and lemon pepper seasoning.

It's great to be able to grill wearing shorts again!

Now for my mini-rant. Am I the only one who is tired of steroid fed chicken? Two breasts weighed 2.75 pounds and I forgot how big they were and thawed all four of them. We split one, we'll have another one later in the week, and I'm freezing two of them to make soup and chicken fettucine. But I'd like to find half pound chicken breast once again.

33902306816_f43e50f832_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0092 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr[/IMG]

33902308386_65680b3762_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0091 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr[/IMG]

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

Now for my mini-rant. Am I the only one who is tired of steroid fed chicken? Two breasts weighed 2.75 pounds and I forgot how big they were and thawed all four of them. We split one, we'll have another one later in the week, and I'm freezing two of them to make soup and chicken fettucine. But I'd like to find half pound chicken breast once again.

'Muricah! Where even our chickens have to have big breasts!

Back on topic, chicken looks fantastic! Great color.

They look great, so eat now have salad later and then chicken salad sandwich. That should take care of everything. Left over chicken is always great and so many things you can do with them.

nothing wrong with large breasts.... small ones are nice also. I would guess, medium sized breasts are the favourite...
actually, I have no preference to the size of the breast(s).

Just as long as the internal temperature is at 165ºF and they're tasty.

Tim, your Applewood smoked pound apiece breasts look simply wonderful.
in fact, they're Spectacular!

Really great job on the chicken. I always go for the color and the color on that chicken is perfect. I know what you mean by the BS breasts these days. We cut up a huge one for stir fry a while back and they weren't very flavorful.

Back