Apple Wood Smoked Baby Back Ribs.

S.Six

TVWBB All-Star
I never really smoked much with apple. I tried it a few times on chicken, but wasn't all that impressed with it. I've heard a lot of people say that they really like it so I gave it another shot. This time on some baby back ribs. Bad Byron's Butt Rub mixed with brown sugar.
235°-265°on the 18.5"wsm. After about 5.5hrs sauced with Sweat baby ray's raspberry Chipotle bbq sauce.

These were awesome! Some of the best ribs I've done! Tender ,and juicy! Really turned out great.
Thanks for looking! See ya next cook.

Great color on those ribs, They look top notch! Could you taste the difference from the apple wood? Apple is my favorite wood to use, as I love the sweet flavor it brings. Try using it with turkey, absolutely wonderful!
Again, great looking ribs!
Tim

Some really nice looking ribs!!!! Apple wood is one of my favorites on chicken, what didn't you like about it?

Some really nice looking ribs!!!! Apple wood is one of my favorites on chicken, what didn't you like about it?
Well, apple is a mild wood and I guess I was just wanting more smokey flavor the first time I tried it. Thats what hickory, and pecan are for I guess. But I'm glad I gave it another shot!

Great looking plate , brother. Nice work. I've used apple a few times on pork and I like it a lot. It's a more subtle smoky taste.

it might be the apple wood...
it might be the sauce...
it might be the meat...
it might be the cook...

whatever it is... it looks AWESOME!

Excellent looking ribs. the plated shot is super. I never thought to have watermelon with the ribs. Sounds like a great idea!

Back