Anyone watching BBQ Brawl: Flay V. Simon on Food Network?

Hi All
One and done for me! Makes no sense to me when you have competition BBQ people and you have then grilling?
Dan

Last edited:
I have not seen it and have no plans to. As far as competition cooking shows go, I loved the Iron Chef (the original from Japan), and watched a few Great British Bake-off episodes when my wife was on a binge with that. Otherwise, I don't much care for them. I haven't even watched much in the way of cooking shows in general in quite a while. On a cooking show tangent, recently I've been watching a YouTube show called Hot Ones. This guy interviews celebrities (i.e. Terry Cruise, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Ricky Gervais) while eating wings with progressively hotter sauces. While it isn't really a food show, it has me now searching for a few specific hot sauces. The ones with Guy Fieri and Gordon Ramsay were quite fun, I thought.

I watched the 2nd episode and it got better. They gave them 5 hours this time. It's not a great show but it's better than a lot of these I've seen.

I'm getting cought up on this show now. Another reality elimination deal. I'll keep watching but so far it's not been the best IMO.

Watched the second and third episodes. The 22.5" WSM and BGE make an appearance in episode 3. The whole hog in episode 4 should be interesting. I'm surprised about who the two finalists turned out to be.

Same Chris; I was VERY surprised at one of the finalists. I was semi-surprised about the other, but at least they make sense to me as far as their background.

When I started watching episode 3, it seemed like the show had skipped a week, even though it didn't. And the final is episode 4?? I kind of think even the Food Network producers didn't have much faith in this show.

Back