Anyone used this Hardwood Charcoal before (Nature's Grilling)?

Troy Gamm

TVWBB Fan
I am searching for something other than KBB for this weekends cook and noticed bags of this in our Base Exchange here at Luke AFB.

It is fairly cheap <$5 for a 9 lb bag. I wanted to see if anyone has used it before and what they thought of it. If people have had good luck with it I will pick up a few bags and try it. Otherwise I will hit Costco tomorrow for the Kingsford Competition that goes on sale tomorrow.

I don't recognize the bag but the name and logo looks familiar. I got it at Publix and recall a good experience.

Unfortunately, brands of charcoal vary by location. I'd love to try Stubb's but it's just not available in Michigan. Therefore, I do what you did - look around for what's available besides Kingsford. To me, the bottom line is that they all work (certainly some better than others) so you just have to try them. And, as you point out, the best ones to try are those on sale or are a good price straight up. And by the way, it never hurts to pick up a few bags of Kingsford Comp on SALE and Costco.

I also used them a while back before they changed to the Harris Teeter name and if memory serves me I liked them. I thought they looked a little small compared to the Kingsford but much more dense the only reason I never bought them again was the price I thought they were kind of pricey but I'm slowly learning you just sometimes have to pay the price.

I've seen it up here but have not tried it. I see it's from Mexico. Not sure what is meant by "All Natural Product of Mexico"? It does not say 100% hardwood.

Back