Anyone use this stuff?

It;s hard to find anything besides Kingsford or weird off brand briquettes locally anymore here. It was bad before the Virus not its even worse. We have a Kingsford plant in Springfield Oregon and its really what I grew up on. I have pictures of my dad and grandpa grilling using Kingsford.

I know some have issues with it but I never have.

Wish I could afford to use only Pok Pok Thaan. Stuff is crazy good. I'll splurge every once in a while and use it in the Smokey Joe or my Lodge sportsman grill.

I don’t think I need to see the finished product to understand your feelings about the stuff but, how was the chicken?
“Go Packers” indeed, my mother was from Wisconsin. My dad was from Illinois, I live in Michigan so, I’m pretty much torn between all these midwestern teams, wife’s son and his buddies are serious Lions devotees so, I tend to lean toward the feasting and ignore who is playing! Keep those big guys fed and there is more peace around the place.

let's just say...
unless all other forms of charcoal disappear from the shelves of retail outlets, i may never repeat the purchase of "Oklahoma Joe's Classic Charcoal Briquets" again.
On a positive note, there were no sticks or rocks in the bag.dry-cow-dung-west-bengal-india-83893081.jpg

I’ve used enough royal oak charcoal to know it’s a waste of my time to burn it
And I don’t care if it’s free

thanks everyone for your input.
appreciated
Which is crazy b/c I love Royal Oak Charcoal, but I have been using a stash of the all natural, not the classic.

Which is crazy b/c I love Royal Oak Charcoal, but I have been using a stash of the all natural, not the classic.
I have used the classic, embers, all natural and Chefs Select. I can't believe how different those products are. I will never buy embers or classic again. With Weber being discontinued RO all natural and Chefs Select are now my daily drivers.

A couple of years ago RO, on Facebook, said the All Natural is the same as Chef's Select, only smaller. I tried and liked the All Natural. The recent bag of Chef's Select has briqs that are more like the standard size, my guess is they quit making it in 2 sizes. Wally is showing it in stock nearby at $7.94 for 16 lbs. Much cheaper than the per lb price of my recent 40 lb. bag of CS. I need to try it again after re-reading my post from 2018:

let's just say...
unless all other forms of charcoal disappear from the shelves of retail outlets, i may never repeat the purchase of "Oklahoma Joe's Classic Charcoal Briquets" again.
Jim - I almost bought a bag of OK Joe briquettes at Menards - had it in the cart, and then put it back. My intuition was right! Thanks for doing the review/letting us all know to stay away.

Back