Anyone seen this?

I would have liked to have found a point, but both Sam's and Costco only had flats. So a flat it will be. That darn chuck roast is already more than 50% cooked and I'm still hours away from supper. IDK how that darn thing cooks so fast. I try doing the same temps in the Genesis or Wolf and it takes 3x as long. So far this has been my hardest thing to figure out. Timing. I guess I can pull it and just let it sit in the house in a very slow oven. IDK
I think the fan forced air in most pellet grills works similar to a convection oven. Speeds up the cook. But you should still have a stall when your brisket or large roast hit about 160-165 internal as the meat starts to break down. So sometimes a cook that appears to be going to fast will stall and put you back on your timeline. Colder outside temps will also cause your pellet grill to work harder keeping temp, increasing airflow, and cooking even a little faster.

Well it's now wrapped with the wax free butcher paper. Shortly I'll add a layer of foil to the wrap. I'm not going to be able to sit down until 7pm so I have it going as slow as I can

My neighbor just did a Brisket on his RecTec RT 700, came out great ,as did his chicken but you can buy three of these at full price and have money to buy a bunch of pellets.
There is just two of us no family close so a grill like what you got Larry would be way more than I need . If I ever see it on sale and in stock it will be in my truck headed home.

I would have liked to have found a point, but both Sam's and Costco only had flats. So a flat it will be. That darn chuck roast is already more than 50% cooked and I'm still hours away from supper. IDK how that darn thing cooks so fast. I try doing the same temps in the Genesis or Wolf and it takes 3x as long. So far this has been my hardest thing to figure out. Timing. I guess I can pull it and just let it sit in the house in a very slow oven. IDK
Think of it as an outdoor convection oven and how fast they cook. I had the same experience with mine

Well the blade chuck roast went in the garbage. Two reasons. One mainly was it had freezer burn. We thought we would use it sooner and only threw it in the freezer wrapped in the butcher paper it came from the meat packer here in Harvard with. Two, I just over cooked it and dried it out badly. However all was not lost since I had it (the pellet grill) running. Wife had gotten corn from a friend at work who has a small farm. So I cranked the pellet grill to 450 and threw in the corn. At least it turned out delish. So I had a BLT with a gorgeous tomato my sister had grown. Actually it was a BT as I had no "L" :D Still delish. LOL So I had my first "casualty" but not totally due to the pellet grill

Back