Anyone Here Using this Coffee Grinder?

If you're accustomed to PR style coffee, give the Kirkland Colombian Supremo a try...at about $6/ lb....it's consistently good coffee. How do you brew?
We usually go for espresso or French roast, grind is very fine (espresso) and use a drip coffee maker on slow or strong. I was thinking of giving Larry's recommendation a try. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058E62SC/?tag=tvwb-20 Costco was selling this 3lbs for $10, but I will keep the Colombian Supremo in mind when I go. Thanks

We usually go for espresso or French roast, grind is very fine (espresso) and use a drip coffee maker on slow or strong. I was thinking of giving Larry's recommendation a try. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058E62SC/?tag=tvwb-20 Costco was selling this 3lbs for $10, but I will keep the Colombian Supremo in mind when I go. Thanks
I've had that one. If your local Costco doesnt have it, try the Kirkland French roast...I believe its identical roasted for Costco by SF Bay Coffee Co. I believe they are the suppliers for the Colombian Supremo as well.

I've had that one. If your local Costco doesnt have it, try the Kirkland French roast...I believe its identical roasted for Costco by SF Bay Coffee Co. I believe they are the suppliers for the Colombian Supremo as well.
I read Starbucks does Kirkland Coffee

Well I have not wanted to buy any of them due to possibly being Starbucks in a different bag, so they've always been on the sidelines as a last resort. Right now I have 15 or 20lbs of the SF Bay Coffee I was able to get at the $9.99 So I am set for a bit :D

Well got another E1 error this AM. Will have to investigate this further. Have to unplug/replug it then carries on as normal

I think the coffee grinder should be here today. However we went into Costco yesterday and picked up some French roast. Pics are of the 2 types of coffee I think we were talking about. I grinded some up today with the blade grinder as I wait for the burr grinder and I figured I would see if I could tell the difference. First off I do like the smell of grinding coffee. Way more aroma than actually brewing it IMHO. Quite strong, bold flavor, maybe a little burnt, reminds me of Starbucks, which is not bad as we kind of like Starbucks.
1692193507618.png1692193543212.png

I think the coffee grinder should be here today. However we went into Costco yesterday and picked up some French roast. Pics are of the 2 types of coffee I think we were talking about. I grinded some up today with the blade grinder as I wait for the burr grinder and I figured I would see if I could tell the difference. First off I do like the smell of grinding coffee. Way more aroma than actually brewing it IMHO. Quite strong, bold flavor, maybe a little burnt, reminds me of Starbucks, which is not bad as we kind of like Starbucks.
View attachment 77165View attachment 77166
The bottom one is our go-to and its been a staple at the local Costco for years. Have tried the French Roast too. It's fine and hard to argue the price. I am quite sure both are supplied by SF Bay Coffee Company...Not Starbucks. You're in for a great cup of Joe when that grinder arrives!

Just on a side note I am wondering the best way to keep the beans. Do you guys freeze, refrigerate, or room temp? Split up and Vacuum seal or not?

Just on a side note I am wondering the best way to keep the beans. Do you guys freeze, refrigerate, or room temp? Split up and Vacuum seal or not?
I use an airtight SS canister and just keep it in the pantry. I store the remaining beans from the bag in the bag and eiter tape it or clip it closed:
Coffee Canister for Ground Coffee with Scoop, 22oz CoffeeVault Coffee Container for Ground Coffee and Coffee Bean Storage, Coffee Storage Airtight Canister with CO2 Valve to Keep Coffee Fresh https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1HGLVR/?tag=tvwb-20

I store unopened bags in a garage cabinet. You'll find "Best if Used by...." dates on the Kirkland coffee bags. The Peets Major Dickasons that Costco sells have Roasted On..." dates. I find they all store just fine for 2-3 months no matter which brand.

Last edited:
Room temp, I have a large airtight container with a twist lock. Wife got from Aldi. I have researched it pretty heavily and every bit of research recommends staying away from refrigeration of any kind. I use it too quickly to bother vacuum sealing it

Gonna pick up some Columbian at Costco next trip along with some more Jose's Organic Mayan medium dark which we really like. Then later some Columbian at Sams. I tape the bag closed like Jay when opened.

My second day using it and I am really quite amazed. I mentioned that I used a blade grinder the first time using these beans and the coffee had a burnt flavor, it is gone using this grinder. The grinder is so much better than the blade or the 2 or 3 other grinders I have had in the past. It is way less noisy, does not spill any grinds on the counter, the grinds come out of the bin very easily without static, and the coffee tastes great. You guys are always finding ways for me to part with my money, but almost all the time it happens to be worthwhile!

My second day using it and I am really quite amazed. I mentioned that I used a blade grinder the first time using these beans and the coffee had a burnt flavor, it is gone using this grinder. The grinder is so much better than the blade or the 2 or 3 other grinders I have had in the past. It is way less noisy, does not spill any grinds on the counter, the grinds come out of the bin very easily without static, and the coffee tastes great. You guys are always finding ways for me to part with my money, but almost all the time it happens to be worthwhile!
Now that you're getting your new grinder dialed in...time to start shopping for a new coffee maker machine!
Here's one🤑https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/wolf-gourmet-automatic-drip-coffee-maker/

Sorry but quite happy with my Mr. Coffee. It heats water, drips over ground coffee, and collects in pot. Not a lot that $600 can improve on;-). I have tried everything from espresso makers to French presses, and for taste, convenience, and cost I think I am good. We do have a sock filter, kettle, and Aeropress for emergencies or fun.

Our Breville Smart Grinder is showing significant signs of giving up the ghost. Looks like the transmission gears between the motor and the burrs are beginning to strip teeth, and it's buried down somewhere that I can't see. Just ordered the Shardo to have sitting on the shelf when the Breville finally let's all of its magic smoke out.

Back