Anyone else interested in oil heaters?

Yes, eBay is crazy. Mine have all come from FB or Craiglist. Most I’ve paid was $100, the least was this one for $40. It was filthy but cleaned up nice, all original paint.

66CF190D-8421-4EC9-AB7C-906985D06DCD.png

Looks great - Make sure to post pic of it lit up. Unfortunately mine went on the back burner. I did use some epoxy putty on spots where the enamel had chipped the other day. Still need to do more, sand, patch the holes in the tank, remove some more rust, etc. Not to mention get a kerosene jug and fill it.

Looks really good. I need to get moving on mine. I think I will need to try some electrolysis to remove some more of the rust before painting.

Looks great - Make sure to post pic of it lit up. Unfortunately mine went on the back burner. I did use some epoxy putty on spots where the enamel had chipped the other day. Still need to do more, sand, patch the holes in the tank, remove some more rust, etc. Not to mention get a kerosene jug and fill it.
Hey Joe, what kind of epoxy are you using and are you happy with it?

Hey Joe, what kind of epoxy are you using and are you happy with it?
I am using the same one I use on grills https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PP26RI/?tag=tvwb-20
I will report back with some pics as I have yet to sand and paint it. After I do that and see how it comes out I will let you know how happy I am with it. I also bought some in a jar and will try that on some spots and try to compare. This is the other one I also purchased but have not used. I did not know if I had to use the whole jar at once or not. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IBOBY74/?tag=tvwb-20

My dad had a Perfection like your newer photos. Probably 35 years ago we were at his house, then I drove my mom, my wife, and our two kids down to SC to visit my brother. When we returned that evening I had to drive through a snow storm. The power was out at dad's house, but he had fired up the kerosene heater, and had a pot of beans heating on top of it. My kids are now in their 40s but still occasionally mention the day they got to "play pioneer" at grandma's house.

Hey thank you guys for reviving this topic.
I don’t think I would have ever seen it.
I totally dig doing all kinds of restorations or just watching them.
There are some talented peeps on YouTube that will mesmerize you.
I watched some backyard plating projects and really want to try some on my old motorcycles.

Picked up another one this morning! It was a bit dusty but in good shape, cleaned up nice. Its been repainted, with what, I don’t know. It’s burning outside now to see how the paint holds up.

FD52660E-87B9-4799-9BAB-4FE67C0764D1.png
07B8052A-1121-4C6B-A750-70BCA373AFD8.png
324E3252-8430-4D2A-BE92-5268344A50CA.png
51E0B391-AFA0-4E6A-9E8C-17850353CDFD.png
25BB6BD6-3961-4B93-9CDF-7C4E94B2529D.png

Last edited:
that glass heater is gorgeous! We run a dyna glo 23000 btu kerosene heater when the temp gets below about 20F. Mostly because I enjoy doing it, super easy and it good to have something of a plan for power outages.

Back