anybody using Adblock plus and what do you think of it

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I'm going nuts with the gazillion ads I have to wade through each day on my computer and want to find an ad blocker that is safe and works.
I found Adblocker plus that will work with my internet explorer.
Any input you might have is gratefully appreciated.

Raises Hand !
Yup... so far so good.
Running it for about a year now.

Rich... The only 'problem' with it are those newpapers that will not let you in because you are blocking their ads :)

Forbes dot com is good example....

Last edited:
I use it Rich and am very happy with it. Like Bob said, it will block some content that you want to read but if you click on the AdBlock icon you can choose "Don't run on this page (or domain as well)" and when the page reloads you're good to go!

Does it block all the ads for Yahoo home page? That's my homepage and email and I am getting tired of all the ads.

Rich: Let us know how it works. Ads seem to be getting VERY out of hand lately.

Well I loaded adblok plus which is for Internet Explorer yesterday afternoon, and all I can say is I wish I had done this a long time ago. My computer was freezing up all the time and very slow loading pages or programs. I was to the point of just giving up.
So far ZERO problems, the computer is 10 times faster, no more freezing up or saying internet Explorer is not responding or just dumping my work. It has been faultless all yesterday afternoon and this morning.
I'm one happy camper! No more worthless ads.
It's a simple program to load and only takes a couple of minuets. I'm going to do Barbs computer this afternoon.

Rich: Let us know how it works. Ads seem to be getting VERY out of hand lately.

I've used it for >4 years (iirc)...along with a couple other add-ons.

My firefox is set up fairly tight, I move to chrome (that still has adblock plus but fewer add-ons) when something doesn't load.

Too many ads can also indicate an infected PC. I was building a home theater pc a few years ago and before I installed the anti-virus software I tried downloading some old game console roms etc. I went to my anti-virus providers site & was surprised to see it littered with ads.....so I wiped it & built it again.

I've used regular adblock, not the plus, for a couple of years now and really like it.
I also have popup blocker but a lot of popups still show up.

Back