Any Labor Day Charcoal Deals?

I don't know about going to Costco next month and having any luck. Costco does not stock charcoal off season so my guess is if you can't find any now they are probably done for the year ordering and re-stocking it so if you find some you might load enough to get you thru the winter if the price is good enough. I have to go into Costco next week will take a look and see what they have if anything, still good with my Weber stash fortunately.

Costco had K-pro dbl. 18’s for $15.99 just saw it yesterday.
I’ve never used the cowboy briquettes but, I will look next week, I need butter!

I really think that the days of 2-20# bags for $10 are behind us now, especially with the popularity of pellets.

So I went to Costco yesterday and the one I shop at in Central Point, OR did have the Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets 2 x 18's in stock but at full price ($18.99), so I guess it's NOT a clearance item. No K-Pro in stock at all. So are the Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets replacing their K-Pro? IDK.
[...]
When I go to Costco again next month I'll check if they have an end of season sale on the Cowboy Briquets and if not, I'll go to Lowes and get a couple twin packs of KBB (still get 5% off w/Lowes card) and call it good until next Memorial Day.
In the last week I checked three Oregon Costcos (Albany, Salem, and Wilsonville); Wilsonville had no charcoal, and the other two had Cowboy at the regular $18.99/2pack price.

I talked with a stocker at one of the stores and asked if they'd be getting more Cowboy charcoal in (they were down to about a half-pallet as of Thursday). He said no, they expected to sell out over the holiday weekend and wouldn't be restocking until spring.

Like you, I'll check the store next time I go in, but I'm not expecting to find any Cowboy deals around here.

In the last week I checked three Oregon Costcos (Albany, Salem, and Wilsonville); Wilsonville had no charcoal, and the other two had Cowboy at the regular $18.99/2pack price.

I talked with a stocker at one of the stores and asked if they'd be getting more Cowboy charcoal in (they were down to about a half-pallet as of Thursday). He said no, they expected to sell out over the holiday weekend and wouldn't be restocking until spring.

Like you, I'll check the store next time I go in, but I'm not expecting to find any Cowboy deals around here.
That's been my experience with the Central Point Costco. Labor Day Weekend is the last hurrah for charcoal until they restock in spring. Like a lot of items in Costco, it's seasonal

In ATL just got back from Costco the Cowboy is $21.99 they had plenty this was the Ridgewalk store. But until 9/12 there is an instant coupon on the K-pro so regular price $19.99 for two 18lb bags the instant coupon is $5.00 so $14.99 thats a pretty good deal. They had maybe 3/4 of a pallet left.

Last edited:
I’ve been wanting to try the Kingsford Proffesional, but looked for it all over the STL area, 20+ stores. Lowes, HD, Costco, Ace, with no luck.
Ace did throw in a 20 lb bag of Rockwood lump when I bought my new Performer Deluxe today. I used it and it burned hotter than briquettes, but the size of the pieces varied from the size of a quarter, to the size of my forearm. Some pieces were too big to fit in a charcoal basket. I don’t know if that is normal for lump charcoal, but, I digress :)

As far as Costco goes, you'll have to wait until spring for K-Pro since charcoal is one of their many seasonal items. They usually don't re-stock it until just before Easter Weekend.

I picked up a 2 pack of Cowboy briquettes for $13.99 at our Costco. I really like it, planning on getting some more.

Back