Any Hockey Fans in here?

MarkM

TVWBB Member
Let’s get a playoff thread going! I’m a diehard Blues fan, but they’ve been eliminated in Round 1 (again).

I love to talk hockey, currently pulling for Montreal to keep rolling!

I'm too emotional to speak of those big dummies......
Seriously though, I need a new team, the one I watch ( and only can watch due to TV restrictions ) piss me off al the time.

I'm too emotional to speak of those big dummies......
Seriously though, I need a new team, the one I watch ( and only can watch due to TV restrictions ) piss me off al the time.
I watched that entire Leafs series as well, I was really rooting for them after the Blues were swept.

I’ve since hopped on the Habs bandwagon, because I miss Jake Allen and Joel Edmundson!

Nice pick up on the hockey team.
It's hard to believe what happened....
They played poorly......and the top line was held basically to no points.
That's how it goes I guess.
I would like to see Winnipeg do good, I will watch that series probably.

Caps fan and tired of the first round losses - especially after a Championship just a couple years ago. You'd think they could at least get to the 2nd round.

Born and raised in Winnipeg so Go Jets Go! But if it's the Habs who win this series, I'll definitely be rooting for them. I live in Seattle now and I am already excited about the 2021-22 season with the debut of the Seattle Kraken!

Caps fan and tired of the first round losses - especially after a Championship just a couple years ago. You'd think they could at least get to the 2nd round.
As I Blues fan I can relate. At least we got our cup right after you guys!

Born and raised in Winnipeg so Go Jets Go! But if it's the Habs who win this series, I'll definitely be rooting for them. I live in Seattle now and I am already excited about the 2021-22 season with the debut of the Seattle Kraken!
Go Krak Go

I do not have cable TV, but have been able to pick up internet hockey coverage from a neighbor and it is the fisrt time being able to watch playoffs this year.

Montreal... looking strong!

Always root for Original Six team but am glad to see my childhood favorite Islanders eliminate the B's. They were my team growing up and playing hockey in the late 70'- 80's. Listening to the names by the announcers were bringing back memories as they hearkened many from that Islander dynasty: Bossy, Nystrom, Gilles, Trottier, Smith, Resch, Potvin.

My local team the Avs, look like feces these past couple of games. No puck control! Cannot keep the zone! In my opinion, they are lucky to even be in a game 6 (am writing this at the end of the second.) They look like crap. Granted, Vegas is a strong team, but my goodness... play some basics! We'll see. Very weird to hear announcers say the name "Roy" and not think of the Avs goaltender.

I have been out of the loop hockey-wise for a while compared to a few years ago. It was a year later that I learned that Vegas even had a team. What in the world gives these expansion cities a hockey team!?!? I remember back when The Northstars left to go to all places- Dallas! How did Lou Nanne let that happen? I know, there is so much great hockey in Minnesota all the way from Pee-Wee to Juniors that they could not support a pro team (or so it goes from one point of view)... but Dallas! Come on, man!

I am an Original Six fan but am OK with the first expansion of the early 70's... but it is my contention that a city should not be permitted to have an NHL team that if at any given time of the year they cannot freeze 12 ounces of beer outside. Well, after this past winter I guess Dallas can qualify.

Sharks fan here…. Have been their entire time in San Jose. Was a fan of the SF Seals when they were an expansion team in the 60s. They moved out, Sharks moved in - 1991.

1623602583577.png

I always say the Bruins will win the Stanley Cup. It's my way of putting the kibosh on them...I hate the Bruins. But I'd take Brad Marchand on my Flyers team anytime. They could use someone with moxie. Haven't had that kind of player since they trade Rod Brind'Amour. Back to the real world, pulling for Isles or Les Habitants.

Back