Another question about Kingsford Charcoal

T Bounds

TVWBB Super Fan
I know this question has been asked in one form or another about... 10,000 times, but can anyone give me a factual reason the sales on Kingsford Charcoal don't happen anymore? I haven't seen a sale in 3 or 4 years. My supply is completely gone.

I'm not complaining. All I really want is to know why the sales went from 3 times per year to none.

Any help?

This is just a guess because we haven't sold Kingsford in a while but it appears they now sell through Food Distributors associated with Hidden Valley Ranch and The Affinity Group. Perhaps better alignment with Clorox products, the owner of Kingsford since 1972. Not as strong "hardware background" perhaps.

Last edited:
Just buy a pallet full this year at regular price. By next spring it will be $25 a bag.
I posted this in another thread, but it seems relevant to your post:
Wood-Pellet Exports Boom Amid Ukraine War, Environmental Concerns
The wood-pellet market is on fire.
War has cut off the supply of compressed-wood pellets from Russia, Belarus and Ukraine to the power plants in Western Europe that burn them instead of coal. That has put a premium on pellets from North America, especially the U.S. South.

Since Kingsford charcoal is just another form of compressed wood, it’s probably going to get expensive soon.

I know this question has been asked in one form or another about... 10,000 times, but can anyone give me a factual reason the sales on Kingsford Charcoal don't happen anymore? I haven't seen a sale in 3 or 4 years. My supply is completely gone.

I'm not complaining. All I really want is to know why the sales went from 3 times per year to none.

Any help?
I just purchased 2pk bundle 20lb bags each on sale for $18 at my local Sams club. 2nd time already this year for me. 3x last year at two different places.

Pandemic good old days are over they don't need to have massive sales anymore but they still have sales as Mark said Costco has run that deal 2 or 3 times this summer for 16 bucks 18LB twin pack and the professional is good stuff. Walmart a bit of a sale twin pack 18 lbs https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kingsfor...QfRVweyFdJXls1w9VmxoCIdIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My guess Costco runs it for labor day so time to load up. :)
The next Costco sales flier should come out on 8/31, so the labor day sale for K-Pro should happen then.

Best to stock up as that is their end of season sale. When their stock is gone, that's it until next spring.

Good point Brian my Costco is the same once the charcoal is gone it won't come back till next year they don't stock charcoal in the winter.

Not in Costco, Walmart does though can't remember if Kroger and HD does. Maybe in Florida Costco might I know a few years back I was in NC the Apex area visiting my brother in law Costco did not carry it for the winter either we had to go to Walmart as he was doing a brisket on his WSM and was low.

Was in Kroger today they have their own brand of charcoal has ridges mine only started carrying it about a month ago. $5.99 for a 15.4 pound bag with your shoppers card regular price is 7.99.

Was in Kroger today they have their own brand of charcoal has ridges mine only started carrying it about a month ago. $5.99 for a 15.4 pound bag with your shoppers card regular price is 7.99.
If it’s the same stuff I used a couple weeks ago, I’d pass. I never understood why so many people dismiss Royal Oak-produced store brand charcoal, but now I do. The stuff I had was crumbly and burned out fast - it’d be useless for anything other than searing. I’ve used a couple of other obvious RO products, and never had that experience.

Costco in southeastern Michigan will usually keep one pallet of K-Pro year ‘round. In the summer it will be a couple of pallets, some Cowboy lump, and maybe one other. Though that space usually goes to whatever pellet they’re promo’ing, these days.

Back