Another Pizza

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The pizza oven we bought came with very few instructions. There’s much more info on YouTube and a Facebook group I joined.
One of the biggest problems was getting it up to temp. After many questions, I figured out that I just wasn’t letting it preheat long enough.
Today, I let it preheat for about an hour and a half, using very well seasoned hickory only instead of KBB and wood. 0EC09696-35D5-4372-AB8A-42BF5B09665A.jpegI also added a small fan to help with airflow and I blocked the front with some fire bricks.
This set up worked like a charm!
2 1/2 minutes later, I had this!BAE58F35-3825-4EE6-BDDB-0884205BD935.jpeg
Very tasty!
We had contemplated sending it back to Amazon, but now that I’ve learned how to work it, I think it’s a keeper!

Honestly looks like if you added flue you’d get better draft and flow. That big opening at the back is strange for a wood fired pizza oven. Typically a flue at the front to pull the heat forward over the tip would be ideal.shoot maybe even closing that off would help.
Pizza looks good though.

I have an Ooni pizza oven and it heats up to 900+ degrees F in 10-15 minutes. Check out ooni.com if you are looking for a reasonably priced pizza oven.

You can cook a Neapolitan pizza in about 90 seconds.

Back