Another Impressive Entry: Pit Boss Titan

This one is $1,299 but checks a lot of the right boxes:

Damn that video is slick.

It would have been great if those boys would have said- “Pit boss grills are not made in the people’s republic of china”…but alas those boys would have been lying if they did.

Sad.

One mistake I see PB is making here, making it exclusive to one store. Dumb move IMO. What does a person do Nearest store is in Terrible Hurt IN. IDC how good a grill it is. Ain't gonna drive that far
Also gotta wonder about the uphill pellet auger. We saw how well that worked out on the SF and Weber abandoned that and went conventional

One mistake I see PB is making here, making it exclusive to one store. Dumb move IMO. What does a person do Nearest store is in Terrible Hurt IN. IDC how good a grill it is. Ain't gonna drive that far
Also gotta wonder about the uphill pellet auger. We saw how well that worked out on the SF and Weber abandoned that and went conventional
They play marketing games with model names/numbers and retailer exclusivity. They'll sell the same model, same featured grill with some cosmetic differences and a different name. Just like TVs at Costco.

I agree that Pit Boss will be selling something very similar at other outlets. I am on the fence about the uphill auger. It seems like a good idea to reduce the danger of fire going back into the hopper. Whether Weber's didn't work because of THEIR design and implementation or whether the concept itself just doesn't work, I don't really know.

This Pit Boss Titan certainly is a reach to higher level for them. You have to like the stainless grates and the flexible options for them. It would be nice if the Titan was made in the US, but I doubt there is any pellet grill truly made here for anything less than double or even triple that price. Yoder and Mak have that "Made in USA" market pretty strongly nailed.

Pit Boss is duking it out in the Traeger/Recteq/Weber/Camp Chef arena. Comparing this new offering to Traeger's high end Timberline, it looks to me like you get most of what Traeger offers (and more in some aspects) for a LOT less. It is easy to see why Weber has to be aggressive in pricing the new Searwood, since competition is very stiff! Great for us who love grills, anyway!

Maybe the dust reduction tech in the PB will negate the issues of uphill augers. It does look like one helluva great grill overall though. Honestly one I would certainly be proud to have on my deck
Re, made in the US, I doubt anything under $2k-$2.5K is TRULY "made in the US" Not even the Searwood. I'll lay odds there are an awful lot of made somewhere in Asia parts in there. So more an "assembled" is US type thing.
Although for the life of me, I still find it hard to believe it cheaper to make stuff like this over "there". Oh well.

Why are they using a pellet smoker tube in the cook chamber?
I watched the video quickly but didn’t see a smoking tube.
But two reasons you might.
1. To add more smoke.
2. Some pellet grills have a fan only setting for cold smoking. So the fan running circulates the smoke from the pellet tube.

Back