Another #9057 Grill Out Handle Light available on Ebay

Alex,

One nice thing about using that adapter is that opens up the possibility of using Lithium batteries. The reason for this is that Lithium batteries are not susceptible to corroding your handle light. If that happens with regular batteries that you leave in too long, you may have to kiss goodbye your pricey handle light. I lost my long handle Mag flashlight that way, because in my move I wasn't paying attention to how long it had been :( .

I've had very few issues with batteries corroding, but i want to be especially careful with this one, as i'm sure it will become extinct one day. I want to keep this as long as possible. :D

I was even wondering, I wonder how hard it would be to fabricate this out of some other material (i'd never be able to since I don't know how to fabricate), but it's the thought that counts.

I've had very few issues with batteries corroding, but i want to be especially careful with this one, as i'm sure it will become extinct one day. I want to keep this as long as possible. :D

I was even wondering, I wonder how hard it would be to fabricate this out of some other material (i'd never be able to since I don't know how to fabricate), but it's the thought that counts.
If the light ever goes out you can replace the bar and use the end pieces with a wooden dowel rod. I have seen it done before.
1625000782525.png

Last edited:
That’s interesting, Samuel. A person could probably take it one step further and devise a way to have an LED light strip attached to that rod, even have a notch carved in for it. How you power that would be the issue.

That’s interesting, Samuel. A person could probably take it one step further and devise a way to have an LED light strip attached to that rod, even have a notch carved in for it. How you power that would be the issue.
That’s an interesting idea Jon, I’m going to chew on that for a bit with my cabinetmaker buddy. Power would be a tough part. Maybe some sort of solar array? How to deal with the wire is the kicker there, battery, weather resistant battery compartment might be difficult but, probably not insurmountable. That’s three people I need to chat with about this!

That last grill out handle light didn't sell. He relisted it.

Here is another one for $50 including shipping:

I know a couple of guys that could do some very interesting cylindrical pieces! Maybe I should get back to basics and see what I can do. Nice pastime, if I can borrow some lathe time. Haven’t done that in years.
I’ve got a couple friends with lathes....

Here is another one. It has a Buy It Now price of $89.99/free shipping, but also has the auction feature. The problem is that it also has a reserve and my guess is the reserve is going to be pretty close to the buy it now price. But, if you are interested in one, you can just bid up to what you are willing to pay and if you win it, fine, if not, "There will be more".

I bid on that one.. I put a bid of up to 50 bucks but it never went any higher than 36.00 dollars or so, and saying reserve not met.. No idea.. Anyway, I have a saved search on ebay for that light and 2 popped up yesterday morning for 40 and another for 50.. I bought 1 right away.. Should be here on Saturday

These are the bulbs I used. Two or three years and going strong.

Amazon has a lot of options, but the style you want to look for are "P13.5S LED" rated for 4.5V. Most of them have a range of 3V to 12V which is good.
Thanks Bruce,
I ordered them today.

Back