Annual Target clearance

Just stopped by and picked up a Jumbo Joe for $18. Prices are heavily discounted now. They had the OTS for $30.

Better than mine, Greg. Checked last week and they only had 22" replacement grates left amid lots of empty shelves. Hoping to get in early enough next year to snag a JJ for around $20.

If anyone is looking in the western metro Atlanta area, Target in Douglasville had two last week for $29.88 each - one was NIB, the other was a display. I passed, as I already have one NIB from a year ago, and one that's been used maybe 5 times in the last year.

I'm seriously "overgrilled", so any deals I run across I'm immediately passing along to members.

Still going here in Louisville.

Swung by the Target closest to my house and Cha Ching !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saw a display model Jumbo Joe that was tagged @ $25.xx Was about to buy it when I saw two new ones in the box. Checked the clearance sticker on those and they said $17.98!!!!. Grabbed them in a heartbeat. Also picked up two 18.5 hinged grates for $5.38 each.

While scoring, a woman came up and was looking at the Jumbo as well some SJS's that were marked down to $25. I advised that she get the Jumbo Joe, and that the price should be even less than what was on the sticker, given that the two I had were $17.98. She ended up putting it in her cart and she also happily bought a hinged grate that I told her about. We ended up going up to the front to check out together. My transaction went through with no problem, then I stood and waited for her's to ring up. Cashier scanned the clearance tag and it still came up $25.xx. I told the cashier that this couldn't be right, as mine were new in box for less, while her's was an open box display model. I asked her if she could just scan the UPC on my box instead. Well, of course, she was all confused and called a supervisor over. Up walks some 17 year old kid and I explain the situation. He looks at her grill, compares it to the pics on my box and gives the OK to scan my barcode. I then pointed out that the price I paid was for new in box, and that her's was a display/open box model, and then asked whether or not she should get an additional discount. The kid shrugs and says "Yeah, that makes sense" and took an additional 10% off. The woman buying the Jumbo was happy and thanked me for helping.

End result for me was 2 Jumbo Joe's with additional hinged grates for $23.35 each +tax

I paid $29.98 for my new Jumbo Joe a couple of weeks ago and am extremely happy! It is one fine grill, no mistake. I will be using it a lot for small cooks in the coming season. It is a definite KEEPER!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Must be nice. I stopped in about a week and a half ago and all the grilling stuff had been replaced with Halloween decorations. :mad:

I paid $29.98 for my new Jumbo Joe a couple of weeks ago and am extremely happy! It is one fine grill, no mistake. I will be using it a lot for small cooks in the coming season. It is a definite KEEPER!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Must be nice. I stopped in about a week and a half ago and all the grilling stuff had been replaced with Halloween decorations. :mad:

J,

At the Target I scored at, they too had Halloween decorations where the grilling items had been. BUT, back in the corner they had a Clearance shelf that still had some grilling stuff on it, including the Jumbo Joes and the 18" OTS's.

Over the last few weeks I've managed to pick up a couple of 18" and 22" hinged grates for a good price. Plus an extra cover for my 22". This morning on the way into work I stopped at a Target that I hadn't "checked" - really just looking for another 22" grate. They had none...but they did have a JJ left. $9.70 including tax. The cashier scanned it 5x. Including once after I paid. LOL

I stopped by Target yesterday and sadly all the grilling stuff was gone. It was replaced with Christmas crap!

Over the last few weeks I've managed to pick up a couple of 18" and 22" hinged grates for a good price. Plus an extra cover for my 22". This morning on the way into work I stopped at a Target that I hadn't "checked" - really just looking for another 22" grate. They had none...but they did have a JJ left. $9.70 including tax. The cashier scanned it 5x. Including once after I paid. LOL

Holy smokes, $9.70? Here I was feeling good for getting 2 @ $17.98 each. Nice score!! Just an FYI, you can go to the customer service desk, give them the DCPI # for a product and they can search inventory of all local stores and give you a printout of the results. Of course, no guarantee that the inventory list will be accurate. Had one store here locally that still has 2 phantom JJ's riding their inventory. I've turned the store upside down twice and they haven't materialized.

On Sunday after church I took a trip to 2 Targets in my area (San Jose, Ca) The bigger Target had Christmas stuff along with their Halloween stuff, but had some summer stuff in an end cap. Really? Christmas stuff already? I know of 2 Targets I want to try this week. The hardware stores here never put their Weber items on sale.

Back