Anniversay Dinner

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Well last night wife and I celebrated 35 years. So I decided some surf and turf were in order (along with a fine bottle of vino). Results were delicious. I found some fresh warm water lobster tails at Costco. They were smaller about 5oz ea. I pulled two nice prime strips I had cut myself from a full strip loin I had bought at Costco earlier in the year. On the Genesis they went. I used a technique my late friend taught me to grill the tails. (he was an executive chef at the old Playboy Club in Lake Geneva WI). Anyway you split the shell down the back. Pull the meat out then place it on top of the split shell. Drizzle a little EVOO, and I used a light sprinkle of Old Bay, dark chili powder and smoked paprika. The steaks got nothing special. Some coarse kosher salt and a couple grinds of black pepper. (I know I usually don't advocate the pepper but I don't use the ripping high heat some people use preferring my steaks to cook a little more slowly). The results? Delicious! Sorry about the poor lighting it was dark. 20201102_182453.jpg20201102_182458.jpg20201102_183054.jpg

Congratulations to you and your wife on 35 years! We just celebrated 32 years together. Surf and turf look really good. I like the method on the lobster tails and the light dusting of seasonings. Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on your 35th anniversary. Perfect dinner, really looks good. Barb and I will be celebrating 39 years next month. I know what Barb will want, bacon wrapped tenderloin and a fully loaded baker. I guess I'll just have to suffer through it.;)

A very special day, Larry! Congratulations😁! You came through great on the meal, too. And on a classic Weber Genesis to boot!
Blessings to you both on this beautiful occasion.

Thanks all! The steaks were delish Like buddah! As they say. I always like the steaks I do myself from whole cuts. I control how they're cut, they're not treated or blade tenderized. Just "meat" done right. Those little warm water tails were awesome as well.
I'll tell ya. We've been on a roller coaster she and I. Been through some truly awful times and some really great ones. 2 kids one grandson and now a grand daughter on the way come March. I never dreamed when my friend Nello asked "Do You Take This Woman?" what a ride we'd be on

Back