And so it begins…

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Olympian
At Xmas season I make anywhere from 4-8 cheesecakes and give them as gifts to select friends. It’s a gift you cannot buy and no one asks for one. It’s just a surprise.

So, my cook begins now as it takes 24 hours from start to finish until I can break the springform mold and package up the cake.

I’ll post a few pics as this all comes together. An no, I don’t share this recipe. Family secret.

1671820180860.jpeg

just a couple blocks of cream cheese I say.......
Kind of excited to see the end results.....this is one of the few sweet things I put in my mouth.....
I will go warm up the car, be over by about completion time.

Looking good! Just put the first batch of chocolate bark in the freezer to set. Let the gluttony begin!

Butter melted and then incorporated into the ground graham crackers

1671827693260.jpeg

Springforms buttered and then parchment paper circles placed into springforms

1671827743098.jpeg

Graham cracker shells are apportioned and then pressed into each pan. Nice and firm base on walls and bottom

1671827816299.jpeg

Four individual batters made then poured into each shell

1671827855377.jpeg

Max capacity of oven reached. Water loaf pan at bottom rack to maintain consistent moisture during and after the cook

1671827915084.jpeg

These will bake for 60 mins and then rest in the unopened oven for 5-6 hours. Color dependent will determine when I move them to the fridge to set for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Dark? Which chocolate brand do you like to use?

It's a mix of dark and milk chocolate, with some broken up bits of Heath bar for texture and flavor. I don't get fancy with it - Nestle or Hershey chips. But I think I would enjoy trying some better chocolate. I also do a version with white chocolate and honey/oat pretzels for the wife. To that, I'll often add a very tiny amount of peppermint extract to make it interesting.

We would never beg for your secret recipe but how many grams of graham crackers are in that bowl? And butter in the other? How many packages of cream cheese will you use? What is the diameter of your springform pans? How many cheesecakes will it yield? Where are pics with note cards on the other ingredients? :p

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

We would never beg for your secret recipe but how many grams of graham crackers are in that bowl? And butter in the other? How many packages of cream cheese will you use? What is the diameter of your springform pans? How many cheesecakes will it yield? Where are pics with note cards on the other ingredients? :p

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
The butter was 320g
The grahams were 960g
16 bricks of CC

The rest are unknown. I just wing it.

Back