And again why I love these grills so much

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
These pellet grills seem to almost give me "super powers". Put a NY Strip on the Member's Mark tonight. Not even prime grade. But, what an outstanding steak. Cut like butter, flavor outstanding! So glad I took the leap to one. Cooked at 235 until internal of 125. Pulled and tented. Cranked the Member's Mark to 500 and let stabilize. Put the strip back in. Outstanding!

20230610_175135.jpg20230610_175857.jpg20230610_175901.jpg20230610_175925.jpg

Tomorrow a couple trimmed up racks of St Louis Spares. Going on early in AM, until I have to leave for dad's. Will finish on dad's Genesis with sauce

I have a few Ninja products and have been very well-pleased with them. I looked at the Lumin but for what I want to accomplish with a compact electric cooker it would not serve my interests based on what I could assess online.

Nice looking smoke/cook. Made steaks like that last week, best ever. My silver A is a great steak grilling machine but I cant see myself going back to propane after the results I got from the pellets.

And yesterday, Early AM I threw on 2 slabs of trimmed up St Louis spares. Nothing special just a pkg from Costco. Went on the Member's Mark (could not use the Z due to rain) so the MM got the nod under the garage over hang protection. Let them go at 235 until about 1200 PM. Just a light rub on them. 1200 I pulled them and wrapped, back on but at 160-170 (which is smoke P2 on the MM). They stayed until 145 when I wrapped the package in a large towel, stuck it in an Omaha Steaks cooler (I swear the only good thing from Omaha Steaks), trekked on out to dad's. Waited until I finished putting new plugs in my nephew's Honda Accord V6 (another whole story). Then took them out of wrap, placed on dad's Genesis low indirect (front burner low rear burner low middle off) let some Kansas City BBQ sauce lightly glaze.
Just outstanding. As good or better Q than even the best BBQ joint I can think of (which is Big Ed's in Waukegan IL). So good I think if Big Ed had tried them he would cry. Yeah, THAT good.
I swear these things turn even me into a magician. I have never been able to make ribs (or just about anything) so good. I admit I cannot attest to trying charcoal (as I don't own a charcoal cooker large enough).
But these things just "kissed" off the bone. Great smoke (not too heavy) just right with great ring. And best of all............................so easy!
And not going on here saying these (the MM and the Z) is better than a SmokeFire. Simply commenting on the methodology of pellet cookers. I am sure I could get equal results if I owned a SF. These products were my choice for my needs. Not because I felt them "better".

Yep, Larry all you say about pellet grills is true once you let the grill do its thing it's sit back and wait for those great results.
My Camp Chef has never failed me although I have failed it once or twice with too much tinkeritis.
I just got out of the hospital yesterday had five days of hospital food, but being the tuff guy that I am I survived it.... barley. Add hospital food to low sodium and it ain't a yum for sure.
Got home and I heard coming from one of the garage freezers a pork butt calling out "help me I'm freezing in here." Gonna help you out buddy. I see pulled pork in my near future via the CC.

I hope you are recovering well.
Doing fine now. Had four doctors messing with my meds. They managed to get them so screwed up I ended up in the ER with acute shortness of breath. My Ox levels were way down.
Plus, I was retaining fluids. After they sucked over four gallons out of me, yes four gallons of fluids, things got a whole lot better.
I talked to my cardiologist, and he agreed to take on all my prescriptions. Hopefully this will stop the chaos of one doctor prescribing something and another doctor cancelling it out with another prescription.
Warning to all watch your prescriptions closely as I understand it this is not uncommon.

Glad to hear you're on the mend. And yes absolutely right. Once you learn to quit "fussing" with them, and let the grill do it's work it all falls in line.

Glad to hear you're doing fine now Rich and back to enjoying you're own cooks. No contest far better than that hospital food!
Larry, glad to hear you're enjoying you're pellets so much! I still do burgers and quick stuff on my Silver A, but still prefer the Performer. Chicken bone in going on shortly-split baskets and cherry chunks for flavor. I had a Traeger but sold it last year, so I love doing the coals when flavor needed. Newest toy is a Pitboss ceramic griddle-so far extremely impressed with the cooks coming off that!

Update on last nights cook-I had drizzled extra virgin olive oil onto both bone in breasts, then used Traeger chicken and pork rub plus Old Thompson chicken grilling seasoning. Hooked up the Smoke, coals in split baskets at 275-300 with the cherry chunk pieces for about an hour . It was likely the best dang grilled chicken I ever have had! Love my Performer!

Found out something interesting today about Z Grills. Oddly they are not sold in stores (though they can be ordered through a store) i.e. like I did with Sam's. And also even more interesting turns out they make many of the Traegers, The Camp Chef products, and a number of others. Quite interesting

Hopefully this will stop the chaos of one doctor prescribing something and another doctor cancelling it out with another prescription.
Rich, this is a poster child post for being your own care advocate. Personally, I'm far away your situation, but pretty much every care provider does have a record of what I'm on, and I categorically reserve the right to require prescription adjustments. I've been lucky in that everyone that I've gotten care from has understood this clearly. And a couple of them have remarked that they honestly did wish that more of their patients paid as close attention as I do.

Seriously..... take care of yourself. Ain't nobody else gonna.

Found out something interesting today about Z Grills. Oddly they are not sold in stores (though they can be ordered through a store) i.e. like I did with Sam's. And also even more interesting turns out they make many of the Traegers, The Camp Chef products, and a number of others. Quite interesting
Where did you read about Z Grills making grills for other brands?

Where did you read about Z Grills making grills for other brands?
I came across an article a while ago and kind of glossed over it since I didn't have an interest in them. Then today came across a video today by a parts distributor actually showing which Z Grill models were the same or nearly the same as their big name counterparts. Pretty interesting. Especially since I think I mentioned a while ago so many of them all seem to be made very similar with all common parts

Back