Amazon Prime Day.... Boom or Bust

Bust for me. They have lots of "stuff" on sale, but nothing substantial. None if the items that I have been watching lately are discounted.

It was good for me. Got my golf GPS .U.S. price is $185. Regular Canuck price is $275. Amaz prime for today was $199.

Woohoo. Been waiting for this price drop for weeks.

Happy golfer :D

I did get a good deal on a case of paper towels (48 rolls) and a case of toilet paper for $19.something a case, which is about $6.00 off the normal case price I usually spend.
But I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. Total disappointment.

it was a huge bust, I was kind of excited about it hoping that they would use it to push more amazon branded tech. but it was clear that what they were pushing was prime itself. "Spend 99 dollars and save 2 bucks on a wrist OR ankle wrap". Im not convinced it was better than normal amazon much less black friday.

some of the #primeday tweets however were better than the sales.

I think it was a huge bust. They had been marketing it for a month plus and it ended up just being a bunch of junk (ok maybe not junk, I just don't need 500 different sets of earrings and baby bottles). If you say its going to be bigger than black Friday make sure it then as at least comparable. Their entertainment options like games and movies were very poor considering that is a big portion of "black Friday" sales.

I checked through the day, there was nothing I was really looking for, and they sure didn't lure me into buying something I didn't know I wanted or needed.
Most decent sale items were 100% claimed it seemed.
That 2 foot long shoehorn sure looked nice though. :)
I did almost pull the trigger on the chef's hat for 4 bucks, thought it would be cool to have wife snap a retro style pic of me at the grill.
But I held strong and resisted.

bb5e17fd82f4df557882ce1d637e20b8.jpg

Not a prime member, trying to get rid of stuff not get more so I guess I didn't miss anything.

I did almost pull the trigger on the chef's hat for 4 bucks, thought it would be cool to have wife snap a retro style pic of me at the grill.
But I held strong and resisted.

bb5e17fd82f4df557882ce1d637e20b8.jpg

Bob, when I saw that hat I showed it to my "sous chef". She looked at me like I was from Mars (where did I read that before) and just said "Oh yeah?" and told me to move on.

Guess what?
I just checked and the hat is now $3.09, some sale they had yesterday!
must resist must resist..........

edit, free shipping but Amazon is not the seller.

No good prices on any of the digital cameras I've been checking out. Except the Samsung Nx300 but that sold out in a matter of hours.

C'mon Bob, you can pull the trigger at $3.09 and free shipping. It will make a great picture!
Guess what?
I just checked and the hat is now $3.09, some sale they had yesterday!
must resist must resist..........

edit, free shipping but Amazon is not the seller.

C'mon Bob, you can pull the trigger at $3.09 and free shipping. It will make a great picture!
Found one on eBay for $1.47, free shipping from China.
Hope it gets here by Grillfest 3.

had to re-read the description, at first I thought it said it ships by animal, when it actually said airmail, damned old eyes of mine!

Back