Almond flour waffles

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Almond flour waffles today in the Appalachian Waffle iron.

3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Besti monk fruit sugar replacement.
½ cup whole milk (can sub non fat)
2 cups blanched finely ground almond flour (8 oz)*
¼ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter

Pre heat waffle iron. I like to do at least 20 min. Flipping every 5 min. Up to 30 mins.

My waffle iron likes a smidgebshy of 1 cup batter. Cook 8 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes.

97F59AEE-FE99-4461-B47E-1F387B320DC7.jpeg

5E4B1315-D5A1-4FB7-BAC4-7B2DCC33E851.jpeg

I might have to try your recipe, as it is gluten-free and my wife will appreciate that.

I have two waffle irons very similar to your in appearance and function, but the brand is different. I have a lot of trouble with them sticking compared to a modern teflon waffle iron so we don't use them that much. I think I tried everything - a timer, an IR thermometer, brushing with veggie oil, waiting for the steam to escape/stop escaping. I would call mine very hard to use. I have no idea how people did it back in the day.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I might have to try your recipe, as it is gluten-free and my wife will appreciate that.

I have two waffle irons very similar to your in appearance and function, but the brand is different. I have a lot of trouble with them sticking compared to a modern teflon waffle iron so we don't use them that much. I think I tried everything - a timer, an IR thermometer, brushing with veggie oil, waiting for the steam to escape/stop escaping. I would call mine very hard to use. I have no idea how people did it back in the day.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Well so far I’ve been pretty lucky. I let the iron really heat up 30 minutes. My stove goes 0-10 and I set it on 4. Flip the paddles every five minutes. After thirty minutes I flip one more time and drop to 3. Spray with PAM. Then fill. I do 2 minutes then flip. For a total time of 8 minutes. Seems to be what works for me.

Back