Advice please…..The search in progress for a Performer

O.K. I take that back Joe F. maybe I would be a little squirmish if I was to buy one that needed a lot of cleaning up.

Here's one that I would love but it's too far. With some clean up and sterilization it might be nice.
S_S__Perfomer_zps7rua4izp.jpg

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/hsh/5684054476.html
Yep, that one would need some cleaning !
And there's the joy in seeing an old Weber regain it's former glory in its new and good home.

Yep, that one would need some cleaning !
And there's the joy in seeing an old Weber regain it's former glory in its new and good home.

Pffft, spray that thing down with some Simple Green, Orange, or Purple and come back to it later with a Scotch Brite pad and some paper towels. Maybe 20 mins of actual work getting the exterior clean.

Thanks DaveW for posting this on Monday July 18th. I had forgot to search CL for the double B in Weber. I emailed the seller and bought it on Tuesday the 19th. It sure wasn't used much and it was like new; $100 was a smokin deal in my mind.

just for the record, the grill in the pic isn't a Performer. It's a One Touch Platinum. A perfectly fine grill to be sure, with arguable "deficiencies" as some have noted. Personally, in my local market, that grill is over priced @$100 and I wouldn't even consider it. For $75? I'd be tempted, especially if I didn't have a Performer.

Are you far from Ann Arbor?

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/for/5687680726.html

Doesn't have the gas assist, but does have the full sized cart, timer, tool holder and storage bin.

01111_bcqYzU4gh8G_1200x900.jpg

Thanks DaveW for posting this on Monday July 18th. I had forgot to search CL for the double B in Weber. I emailed the seller and bought it on Tuesday the 19th. It sure wasn't used much and it was like new; $100 was a smokin deal in my mind.

You're welcome ! Congrats on the pick up. Looks really nice and clean.

For the 100.00 price that could up graded with a few parts from Weber to make it a gas assist, just a couple hour job. then post the left over good parts for sale on here and ship it as you would have a good box.
just saying.

Congrats,I love my gas assist and have always just shoved the charcoal bag down in the bin,was moving coals around prior to lighting the other day with a fire place scoop and thought if I poured the briquets into the bin I could scoop them out and place them where needed instead of dump then hand place and keep my hands clean.My chips/chunk bags lift out of the way with no problems

Back