Advice on stand mixer

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Platinum Member
This is probably the wrong thread to ask. LMichaels repairs Kitchenaids as far as I know and might be able to offer more insight. We've got the Kitchenaid Artisan and it's pretty good for what we use it for. I used the meat grinder attachment for sausage.

KE Quist

TVWBB Fan
I used to have an Oster stand mixer waaaaaay back in the day. I burned out the motor in about 6 months. Replaced it with a Kitchen Aid, and never looked back. We (I) use it sometimes everyday, but at least 4-5 times a week. It has held up very well, and there are a TON of accessories for it, both KitchenAid and 3rd party.

I also have a KitchenAid hand held mixer, which I highly recommend.

timothy

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Check out like BB&B or similar in the CL aisle.
I picked up a KA stand mixer for half off because it was a return, opened, because the customer didn't like the color ( white )

Tim

MartinB

TVWBB Pro
Was always partial to the big Hobart floor mixers. Just never enough bucks or floor space. Or need.
I used one at a job once. Dumped in big sacks of flour, big blocks yeast, gallons water. It made a big mass of dough.

My kitchenaid overworks dough by time it gets it everything incorporated, makes it too tough . It simply does not do as good a job as hand does. This is critical for tortillas to roll out, so i do by hand. Mixer stays in cabinet, rarely used. Too much trouble for batter, not good at dough. Yeah you can buy all kinds of gimmicks that sort of work....i used meat grinder a lot...works....slooowww.

Last edited: