A Tale of Two 2-Burners

Bruce - I took your advice and started looking for a parts grill for the Silver A when I stumbled on a blue Silver B that has cleaned up really well. Now my dilemma is which one to keep? The Silver B fired right up with the igniter and reached 550 degrees in what seemed to be less than one minute...crazy good!!! Here she is:

Attachments

• 77A3AC79-B59D-4547-95A3-BAC2000ED113.jpeg
    77A3AC79-B59D-4547-95A3-BAC2000ED113.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 21
Yah, I agree. The Blue 3 burner is the keeper. I have a blue three burner for my personal grill as well. Nice score.

I will chime in for the bright blue. Looks like an extra nice one!

If it were mine I would paint the kettle in the badge red and consider trying the black dye method to make your handle, knobs, igniter switch and end pieces black.

All the same looks great in its stock trim, so you can’t really lose👍!

Thanks everyone! I am already getting attached to it! Will be a tough choice though with the first gen Summit 450 sitting in the garage waiting to be used for the first time.

Good to see renewed activity on the 2 burners! I still enjoy my 02 A immensely, is my daily driver so to speak. I was fortunate when restoring it to take a photo of the cook box and sent to Weber after registering. They sent me a brand new cook box! Between that, new burners, RCP bars and grates, and swapping out my green for a blue top, it is essentially a new grille! Jon, you have me intrigued about the black knobs etc and I may consider doing that. I haven't ever come across a porcelain drip tray yet and would love to find one, as the cheap steel ones they provided don't cut it long term. I also may keep an eye out for a different hood as well.

That would be very cool to see tried out - especially a blue hood. I have a maroon hood I have been holding - like everything else - and had thought about using maroon since red would clash with the maroon hood.
IMG_1244.JPG
Jon,
Really, you thinks that this clashes?

Yep, I have thought about doing a Blue kettle on the badge for my bluehead grill. I don't know of a good matching blue high heat paint, but I guess a guy could do it with the testers model paint that Jon uses and seems to hold up well.

Ford engine blue would be very close. Also check your Fleet Farm. They have equipment enamel and I think New Holland blue is like it as well

Give it a shot, but I think it is a few shades lighter than the blue lids. Let us know how it works out....Pictures are mandatory.

View attachment 17781
Jon,
Really, you thinks that this clashes?
In your picture, the hood looks more like a browner shade of "maroon" than the one I have. I know Weber made several shades. Anyway, not AT ALL knocking yours! Looks really good to me and a lot more eye catching than plain aluminum. Would I be right that on yours you also painted the name and outline white? I only did that one time. My congrats to you if you did, because it is a lot of extra work unless you have a steadier hand than me. Probably most do!

In your picture, the hood looks more like a browner shade of "maroon" than the one I have. I know Weber made several shades. Anyway, not AT ALL knocking yours! Looks really good to me and a lot more eye catching than plain aluminum. Would I be right that on yours you also painted the name and outline white? I only did that one time. My congrats to you if you did, because it is a lot of extra work unless you have a steadier hand than me. Probably most do!
Based on Bruce's chart, mine looks to be Burgundy. And No, I did not paint the letters or outline white, that is the original polished aluminum .

Back