A sneak preview of the next Genesis refurb!

It has to be custom..... I have never seen that on a Weber gasser before. It does look cool though.
Paul, 2023 is too long to wait.

I have to think that will be a personal grill as well.

I really like the yellow, but don't think I've ever seen end caps like that before with the handle mounting holes at the edges instead of in the middle. Are they from a 1000 or a different grill?

I really like the yellow, but don't think I've ever seen end caps like that before with the handle mounting holes at the edges instead of in the middle. Are they from a 1000 or a different grill?
This next grill is a mixture of leftovers! The end caps are from a Genesis Silver B with the cook box of a Gold C using #9913 flavouriser bars and wider grease tray (which I don’t have hint hint) this will all be going into a silver b frame, does it fit you ask?! Not really, I have to move the metal bar that houses the igniter out 3/4 inch ish to accommodate. Should be all finished mid January!

This next grill is a mixture of leftovers! The end caps are from a Genesis Silver B with the cook box of a Gold C using #9913 flavouriser bars and wider grease tray (which I don’t have hint hint) this will all be going into a silver b frame, does it fit you ask?! Not really, I have to move the metal bar that houses the igniter out 3/4 inch ish to accommodate. Should be all finished mid January!
While I don't know the market in the UK, have never even seen a Gold C cookbox or 9913 bars, and I have no reservations in putting non-original parts into my grills, I don't see why you just don't find a good Silver B-C or even Spirit 700-900 cookbox and put it all together? No big grease tray sourcing problems, no frame modifications needed, and perhaps the box and bars could go on another Gold C.
Does the big 5 bar cookbox and its tall flavorizer bars have advantages over both its prececessor, the 13 bar box, and also the much more available smaller 5 bar box?
I love the color of your lid, which of course will fit all of the boxes I have referenced.

Last edited:
While I don't know the market in the UK, have never even seen a Gold C cookbox or 9913 bars, and I have no reservations in putting non-original parts into my grills, I don't see why you just don't find a good Silver B-C or even Spirit 700-900 cookbox and put it all together? No big grease tray sourcing problems, no frame modifications needed, and perhaps the box and bars could go on another Gold C.
Does the big 5 bar cookbox and its tall flavorizer bars have advantages over both its prececessor, the 13 bar box, and also the much more available smaller 5 bar box?
I love the color of your lid, which of course will fit all of the boxes I have referenced.
I have now sourced the 9913 flavorizer bars so will be adding new weber original burners. You are correct, it would have been easier to source a Silver B box etc but i love a challenge! New castors, new wheels, new igniter, cookbox sand blasted, new original style handle and a lush unique yellow hood (with new weber logo badge). Mahogany shelving to replace wire lower shelf and matching shelf to left side of cookbox. I just need some kind dude to send me 40968012 grease tray!! Im waiting.........

Back