A New [unneeded] Toy and a Creekstone Purchase

BFletcher

TVWBB Honor Circle
My beef short ribs arrived midweek, and the PK360 the prior week. Yesterday was the day to break them open and I was not disappointed. Minimal trimming, S&P and temps barely breaking 300f during the home stretch delivered an awesome family meal.

Several years of weekend wedding shooting has made me lazy with the camera but here are a few snaps.

20210523_142116.jpg

20210523_151450.jpg

20210523_194504.jpg

Here's to all of us having a good week, continuing through the Memorial Day Holiday weekend!

Too funny! Must have been something in the air this weekend. I did beef ribs on my PK360 this weekend also, basically ran the same temperatures and everything. If your ribs were mail order I wonder if they were a higher grade (mine were USDA Choice). I posted a few pics as well.

I can only recall one other instance when I purchased Prime beef; we're not picky, so we're content with Choice but I used new math to splurge on these. By adding a $100 gift card shipping was free and 1 bone is plenty for each adult serving, so these came to $9.25 per person.

Hey, I could probably charge each family member $10 and keep these on the weekly menu :)

My USDA Choice ribs were $30 for 4 ribs so only $7.50 per bone, and I had to trim them up quite a bit. I think the extra $1.75 is probably worth it, especially if you didn't trim much. Your rib bones also didn't go off in weird angles like mine did.

Nice cook. There was a PK for sale around here for for $450, like the one you have. I'm still regretting not buying it.

Last edited:

Back