a little disappointed

Hugh Albrecht

Unpacked the 22.5 wsm this afternoon. First thing I noticed was there was no charcoal grate. Not such a good start. Assembly was easy but the door was a problem. Wide gaps you could see light through. Tweaked it a little and it seems to fit better. We'll have to wait and see. Also on a positive note, Weber's customer service was great. Sending me out a charcoal grate, no questions asked. As I said, a little disappointing 'cause I wanted to fire it up tonight but can wait a few more days. Still happy with the purchase.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hugh Albrecht:
Unpacked the 22.5 wsm this afternoon. First thing I noticed was there was no charcoal grate. Not such a good start. Assembly was easy but the door was a problem. Wide gaps you could see light through. Tweaked it a little and it seems to fit better. We'll have to wait and see. Also on a positive note, Weber's customer service was great. Sending me out a charcoal grate, no questions asked. As I said, a little disappointing 'cause I wanted to fire it up tonight but can wait a few more days. Still happy with the purchase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hugh, are you sure that you didn't get the electric version?
icon_confused.gif

That's a bummer, Hugh. I know it won't make you feel any better, but it's highly unusual to be missing the charcoal grate. Someone asleep at the switch, I guess. Glad Weber is making it right.

Regards,
Chris

It's just a little bump in the road and something you will forget once you take that first bite into your first batch of Q!

Minor glitch. Before long it will just be a story to tell.

It looks like I'll be up in CR the week of 24-28 and I know for a fact that there aren't any good Q places there. Maybe someone could hook a brother up?? Just messin' with ya...

Russ

Missing one of three grates in packing is a minor thing, really. My wife ordered a couple of tacos for lunch today at a very popular Texmex place and they both came with NO MEAT...AT-ALL!
icon_frown.gif

I had to flex my door slightly too out of the box. Some air will always get thru, no big deal...happy smoking...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Russell:
Missing one of three grates in packing is a minor thing, really. My wife ordered a couple of tacos for lunch today at a very popular Texmex place and they both came with NO MEAT...AT-ALL!
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave, you sure she didn't order a veggie taco?
icon_biggrin.gif

Weber is very customer service oriented, and when all is settled in, you will find the WSM is a very nice smoker for a quite low cost for the quality produced.
It will give you lots of great food as well as the enjoyment of learning and mastering your cooking style.
Things will be great when you eat the first bite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul h:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Russell:
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave, you sure she didn't order a veggie taco?
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol....Someone ELSE might've ordered a couple, but they forgot their BEANS! Can NOT imagine what it must be like for a bbq guy to be married to a vegetarian, and can NOT imagine if HER flatuence was worse than mine.
icon_frown.gif

My 18" came without the pre-drilled holes from a local BBQ store (Ontario Gas BBQ). The manager dropped by my house on the way home and swapped out the midsection same day. Did my first WSM cook the next day (butt).

Back