A couple of Fattys...(photo HEAVY)

Wil A

TVWBB Fan
For my third cook on my 14.5, I decided to go with no smoke and do a couple of fattys. For both, I used Gunnoe's whole hog sausage (no MSG) and and Oscar Mayer Thick Cut applewood smoked bacon. Each had a different filling...

WSM3008.jpg

For the first one, I used potatoes, black olives, mushrooms, and cheese:

WSM3003.jpg

WSM3005.jpg

WSM3004.jpg

WSM3007.jpg

WSM3010.jpg

WSM3011.jpg

WSM3013.jpg

My end-of-fatty weave tucking skills need a ton of work:

WSM3014.jpg

Continuted...

Continued...

For the second one, I used black eyed peas, cheese, and a packet of the Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Mix:

WSM3006.jpg

WSM3009.jpg

WSM3016.jpg

To the 14.5:

WSM3019.jpg

At 165 internal:

WSM3020.jpg

WSM3022.jpg

Continued...

I never heard of or seen a "fatty" before! (seems I've lived a sheltered life) But that looks really good! Is that ground sausage you put on the weaved bacon? I'm going to get the recipe for this and try it myself-YUMMMM!

...Is that ground sausage you put on the weaved bacon? I'm going to get the recipe for this and try it myself-YUMMMM!

Yes it is. Everybody certainly makes a fatty in their own way; I flatten my ground sausage out in a gallon zip lock bag and then cut it so I can lay the flattened sausage out right on the weave. There are a number of folks that like the simple naked fatty (no bacon, no filling), but I've got to fill mine with anything I can find (Black eyed peas? Really?!?!).

If you make one of these for your family or friends Steve, you will become a grilling hero!

Back