A Cheeseburger and Poblano Pepper Rings

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I think the Cheeseburger was the side on this cook. The Poblano Pepper Rings were outstanding.

Here's some of the ingredients for both. The breading mixture in the large bowl consisted of 5 cups of Kettle Baked Potato Chips, pulsed in our FP until crumbly. Added to them is flour, salt, cayenne and garlic powder. Poblano slices in the glass bowl behind.

enhance

Mixed buttermilk in the breading mix and threw in the pepper rings.

enhance

Then got them going in the 350 degree oil. Did the peppers in two batches. Each batch took roughly 15 minutes.

enhance

Getting nice and golden.

enhance

Frist batch done.

enhance

Second too.

enhance

Very quick toast on buns.

enhance

enhance

Pepper Jack.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Great tasting meal. The burger was good and the pepper rings were a hit. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for looking.

The pepper rings took most of my attention but managed to get the burgers on the griddle.

Last edited:
Another beaut, Cliff! Apparently you decided that you haven't been using your griddle enough? :) I like the idea of the fried poblano rings. We've done jalapenos, but never poblanos. Full props to you for being brave enough to have a hot pot of oil hanging out over an open fire!

I almost made smash burgers tonight (I was all over the map today trying to decide if I should emulate Case's pasta cook, your halibut cook, or burgers.) Ultimately, my daughter convinced me we should have sushi! ;)

R

Cliff, you did it again outstanding cook and I'm liking the Poblano pepper rings. Will have to give them a try.

Back