A bunch of bologna

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
Here's what 5 lbs of stick bologna looks like on a Weber 22" kettle. I know its not "real" barbeque by most peoples definition (including mine) but it's cheap, easy, quick, feeds a lot and it's a crowd pleaser. And I did pork butt a couple weeks ago. Just grilled it directly over coals, brushed with head country bbq sauce, and then cooked indirect to get it nice and sticky. Taking to family get together today.

Happy 4th!!

That looks so good man...I’ll take it off your hands. That end-piece is calling my name. Happy Fourth and enjoy the bologna!

I'd eat a few with ketchup!

When we were kids I remember frying slices of baloney in a frying pan - flip it over & the edges would turn up or the center would come up & we called them baloney hats. I just remember doing that a few times but they were good way back when.

What a bunch of (fine looking) baloney!
Clint, you have to notch the outside edges for a flat cook, like Russell did.

We just fried up 5 packs of Bologna a couple weeks ago on a camping trip. There were about 25 of us and it was the last night at the campgrounds. My son and on other teenage boy in the group fried every bit of it of griddles, and we all ate like kings and queens!! Fried bologna with a little mustard and a slice of cheese; I'll take 2 please!!!
I've never tried it on the grill, but after seeing yours, ,I have a feeling that's about to change!
Tim

That is awesome, I was thinking about grabbing a few pounds and tossing it on the smoker this weekend while I am cooking up the rest of the meal. I think you may have pushed me over the top ;)

I'm passing my plate. Please throw a few pieces on.

Like Clint, I have childhood memories of frying up bologna and the little 'hats' it would create.

Thanks all. There were only 3 of those slices left at the end of the day. Even though it's not really what I wanted to cook, everyone loved it. Forgot to mention this was "Frick's" brand. It comes in one pound packages. I recommend it. Good stuff.

Good old Frick's meats, made in Washington, MO since 1896.
Our Oklahoma nephew grills up the whole chub unsliced, I like this idea better.

I would show up with a bag of buns and some yellow mustrad. I love this, but i never treid it on the BBQ. Great cook.

Back