A Behemoth!

So I assume this would be an example of the junk Weber put out. After seeing the comments here I'm curious about the inside of the cabinet and firebox.

Check out this Stainless steel Weber summit platinum grill for $75 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/cHXJLuD2nR

Yeah actually this was a good unit. They cook fantastic, they're really stainless steel where it counts and on these models they used a stainless steel plate in the front of the fire box unlike the earlier and later Summit models

I wasn't interested when I posted that link, but you all are making me kinda want it now. Probably a good thing for me that my truck is TKO for now. I don't think my wife would understand me bringing home another with five grill's on the patio.

I wasn't interested when I posted that link, but you all are making me kinda want it now. Probably a good thing for me that my truck is TKO for now. I don't think my wife would understand me bringing home another with five grill's on the patio.

Jason,
I know how you feel! I have way overdone it around here! My wife was so surprised I actually have one hopefully sold. She told me she would have gladly paid someone to take it off the deck:eek:!

wvvfva.jpg

24b0s5i.jpg

Last edited:
Thankfully my son is still a bachelor, and has not started remodeling the basement of his
fixer-upper yet. These old reds, are just 4 of 17 or maybe 18 various Webers that are
currently stored there, out of the elements, awaiting some love, and a new home.

4l0u48ll.jpg

Yah, I agree larry. But what about locking 18 of them in the basement. No one can tell me that is going to turn out well. :cool:

Here's Another Behemoth: A DCS 48" Grill

NO!!! I am NOT interested in buying this, even though it is close to me. I am just trying to do my part to keep things alive here on the board during this cold winter. (70's today in Florida:coolkettle: - Sorry, I have to enjoy my brief fun time. Before long you all will have beautiful spring-times and it will be getting HOT here again:mad:...)

Anyway, here is a BIG DCS grill that actually looks like a fair deal ($750) for someone wanting a higher-end, monster grill. It appears to be a well-off seller who took good care of it - even if he lost the rotisserie. I only know a little about DCS, but they seem to be highly regarded.

I sure wish Summit cabinets looked like that after only 5 years let alone 19!!!

117bkaw.jpg

https://treasure.craigslist.org/app/d/port-salerno-dcs-gas-grill-48-side/6797471820.html

Last edited:
Yah Jon, you got it made down there. Someday I will be heading south.

Until then, this is what I am dealing with: And there ain't no windchill factored into those temps.

DzQSwjl.jpg

Until then, this is what I am dealing with: And there ain't no windchill factored into those temps.

DzQSwjl.jpg

That is pretty rough...It brings back memories of my three years of living in Chicago.

2zf8ncw.jpg

Notice, however, that humidity. Even in the winter it is working away, along with salt air, on anything made of regular steel:eek:

That is perfect grill rehabbing weather. But yah, Florida is known for their humidity. When I am painting, I like to see under 60% humidity. It goes on so much better and dries very quickly as well. I will take your 79% humidity if you will take my -22 degrees.

The biggest bummer is that my fall grill rehabbing season was way too short. Already slammed at work for year-end reports, W-2s and 1099s etc. and the onslaught of tax returns has begun. I am just hoping to do a very tiny drizzle of grill work for my sanity's sake from now through the end of tax season, but I am afraid most will be waiting again until April.

I plan to work harder this tax season, and although I have new tax laws to deal with at least I don't have new tax software like I had last year. So, hopefully fewer extensions and a longer late spring and summer to enjoy getting my grill inventory at long last down to a realistic level for someone with my current time limitations. About the only thing I am keeping my eye open for is the right grill for using my stupid Snap-On parts. I was originally thinking a Genesis 300 grill, but I have been looking a lot harder at the three burner Spirits from five or ten years ago. They used the classic side control Weber set-up and I assume the hoods are interchangeable with older Webers.

Do you think a redhead hood on one of these with the cabinet black trim painted red (maybe hood sides in high-heat silver) would make a good platform for my Snap-On parts? I would replace the doors with the Snap-On "drawer" fronts and put the Snap-On logo where the Spirit logo is. Basically, it would be a red and stainless grill like Snap-On's original version but with inards of a Weber:

UcgHMy8.jpg

VzquTIG.jpg

I also saved the "Snap-On" handles. If I used a Weber Genesis Gold stainless hood I have, I might be able to substitute or adapt the Snap-On handle to replace the Weber round one.

Last edited:
Yah, I would definitely go with the red hood if you got one. Maybe put that SNAP ON logo on the right side of the hood as well. Best of both worlds would be to find a redhead with the Snapon logo on it and keep the other logo where it is.

But, I am most interested to see how you incorporate the snapon doors onto a Weber grill.

Bruce,
The cheaply made Snap On logo is a lot like the Genesis logos on the 300 series grills. Soft plastic. It would melt if I put it on the hood, so like Weber I guess I will have to put it on the side of the grill.

I agree that one of my red hoods might really bring out the Snap-On look. I wish I could use the Snap-On handle which actually is kind of nice. As far as the tool box false fronts, the hard part will be cutting them to size. I am hoping one of the guys in our maintenance shop could help, but I might have to go to a metal shop. I am thinking either make new doors or mount the Snap On parts on the front of the existing Weber doors.

I really need to be careful on this, because the way to sell quickly is dependent on a moderate price. Someone has been trying to unload a perfect, unused smaller version of the Snap On grill for $800 with no apparent success. I need to keep this well below that. Therefore I need to be careful on accumulating costs. That is another good reason to go with the Spirit grill that is basically a Genesis Silver and for which I have gobs of parts.

Last edited:

DzQSwjl.jpg

Same thing going on here. Well respected weather guy in these parts (Tom Skilling) says this coming week is going to bring the US the coldest air mass in the world! BTW if that name sounds a little familiar you may remember a little episode in this country dealing with the Enron debacle. Well at the center of it all was this man https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Skilling who is Tom Skillig's brother.

I just figure it is payback for the mild winter we have had up to this point. In fact, until last week, we had not even gotten below zero yet this year.
But, it would be nice if Old Man Winter and Mother Nature could moderate things a bit instead of having an all out war.

Yep, that is the smaller - and more practical - version. There is someone here with the same grill - also new - asking $800 and not seemingly getting any traction. It goes to show that, as I said before, the concept is cool, but not THAT cool:(... My best hope is if I can cobble together my $100 Snap-On trim with a lower priced Weber to come up with a reasonably priced offering, maybe around $350. As long as it looks good and not hastily thrown together, I think that a Weber/Snap-On combination like that might sell.

Yah, I think the sellers of those grills are counting on the SNAP ON name. I know their tools rake in premium prices, so they probably figure a guy willing to spend $75 for 1/4" wratchet wrench would pay $1200 for a snapon grill to stick in front of his auto repair shop.

Back