9mm Grates for Genesis II 400 Series

Mack Manning

TVWBB Super Fan
I contacted QuliMetal and explained the demand for 9mm grates and lack of competition from Weber or others. After some back and forth regarding dimensions, they made them for the 4 burner Genesis II. They will also fit the Genesis 2022 4 burner, but perhaps not with the Crafted accessory rack.

I ordered my set (full price, no break for helping them) and will review when they arrive Thursday or Friday. I'll also check fit on a Genesis 2022 at the store before I use them.

QuliMetal 18.7" SUS304 /9MM Cooking Grates for Weber Genesis II and Genesis II LX 400 Series, Genesis ll LX E-410, E-435, E-440, S-410, S-435, S-440 Gas Grills, Replacement for Weber 66089 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QPYS9X9/?tag=tvwb-20

Wow! Great job on that, Mack. Getting a manufacturer to listen like that is no small feat. I think you will like their product. That's a VERY fair price for that thick 304 stainless. With options dwindling for quality thick 304 stainless grates, it's a very positive thing to see Qlimetal add this. About the only caution I would have is that it does seem that Qlimetal has occasionally had problems shipping these without them getting warped in the process. Most of the time you can get them straight again, but it has been an issue for them.

Can you see if you can get them to make 9mm for the Genesis x000/Silver/Gold? :coolkettle:

I wish they would have forgone the middle crossmember like RCP and Weber do on their 9mm grates. It should not be needed with the bulk of the 9mm rods. It makes cleaning them harder and they could maybe drop the price $5-$10 if they did.

I second trying to get them to make 9mm grates for the Silver/Gold B/C and 1000's.

I hadn't seen that! When I looked on my Amazon it showed my prior purchase but then indicated that was a different version "7mm." I am really glad that Qlimetal has stepped up with this, even though I agree with Bruce that the middle crossbar brings more annoyance than strength. At least it is a now available 304 stainless, 9mm option for these older grills.

Pretty decent price too. Certainly beats what RCP was able to offer them for even before the supply issue. However, we still need some first hand reviews on them.

I wish they would have forgone the middle crossmember like RCP and Weber do on their 9mm grates. It should not be needed with the bulk of the 9mm rods. It makes cleaning them harder and they could maybe drop the price $5-$10 if they did.

I second trying to get them to make 9mm grates for the Silver/Gold B/C and 1000's.
Darn, I wish I had thought to recommend that. Maybe on the next revision...

Great to find this post! I've been looking for some info / recommendations for 9mm grills for my Genesis II 435.

The link above just takes me to general search of grill parts, not the actual grills. Even when I go to the store front for QuliMetal I don't see the grills....can someone please help and direct me to the actual grills?

thx

I finally tried them on my S-435 today. I'd been waiting to try them on store's 2022 grill before I got them dirty, but Lowe's wouldn't play along.

Anyhow, here are some photos on my grill. Bars are somewhat staggered, as if they were cut too short for the jig. They're also shorter on average than the Weber grates, just barely long enough to not drop in.

Seasoned 7mm Weber grates shown for comparison.
PXL_20220514_224625231.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220514_224530043.jpg
    PXL_20220514_224530043.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 14
If you see my updated review in my “stainless steel rod grate throw down” the 9mm Qlimetal grates for Genesis 1-5, x000 and Silver/Gold/Platinum grills were not short at all. Those grates were as long as rcplanebuyer/Dave Santana ones. Very disappointing on the grates for this Genesis II grill. The set I got, while not perfectly finished, also did not exhibit such dismal workmanship.

Back