Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Put them on around 4:30 AM

Rotated them once

By 8:30 AM they were ready to come off

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is that your pit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's my back up for larger parties
icon_razz.gif
! No, it's located at my church and was built by a crazy Cajun. The men maintain it and use it for fund raisers. We do about 4 'chicken and cobbler' Sundays a year to raise money.

Here's the peach cobbler

And we also do a few brisket smokes as well. Generally fitting about 30 whole packers on at once

And if we need even more briskets, we roll out the mobile unit that'll hold about 15 whole packers.

Paul

Very Cool Paul!
Love huge cooks like this...
about ten yrs ago, i rented equipment to "spit-up" about 30 chickens for over 60 people right here in my little yard... complete with all the sides.
It was exhausting and fascinating also
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting!

Thanks Jim,

Our group has done a lot of large meals; a 5 course gospel brunch for 125, dinner theaters for about 150 with prime rib. This year the city's community choir hired us for their annual dinner. We served about 200 stuffed chicken breasts, grilled asparagus, rice pilaf and dessert. It is a lot of work but we really enjoy doing it.

Paul

John,

With 2 guys working the pit we can turn and rotate them in about 10 mins. Because this style of pit has a fire box, we move the birds from that end down to the opposite end and vice-versa. We use a cart and a 2 full size baking sheets to move the birds back and forth.

Paul

Wow Paul, Now that's what I call church! the Gospel brunch sounds great with five courses. What's that all about? Sounds fun! Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Frank Perdue loves you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frank and Sysco Food Service.
icon_wink.gif

Back