$50 Mini!

I like how cheap you were able to keep that mini project. Looks like it turns out great results.

Goodwill is a great place to pick-up some needed things for almost nothing & Savio, your birds looks GREAT!

That's fantastic! What's the size of that stock pot? Everywhere I look for them, they are pretty highly priced still.

That's fantastic! What's the size of that stock pot? Everywhere I look for them, they are pretty highly priced still.
I purchased the pot from wally world. It is the IMUSA 32Qt for $21. I had to work for it, i went to two Targets, one Shopko and four Walmarts before i finally found it. The one thing i don't like about the pot is that the handles get super hot. I almost seared my fingers twice during my first cook. I need some insulation on the handles, maybe some twine or wood.

I purchased the pot from wally world. It is the IMUSA 32Qt for $21.

I used the same pot. But I think I have 50 bucks in paint on my mini. lol Nice job on your build.
I built an ash blocker and haven't used the mini without it. Did you have an ash build-up over the bottom vent?

I used the same pot. But I think I have 50 bucks in paint on my mini. lol Nice job on your build.
I built an ash blocker and haven't used the mini without it. Did you have an ash build-up over the bottom vent?
Chad, So far i have cooked whole chicken, chuck roast, baby back ribs, chicken wings and poppers. When i go over four hours the bottom vent starts to get clogged. I lift the pot off the grill and use a stick to clear the ash.

Savio;
You did GREAT - Wow! A Mini for $50.00. That's really a bargain.

Mine cost twice as much (Mini-Joe Gold with a Vasconia steamer). However, I DID get insulated handles with my pot. I am happy simply because these are GREAT smokers and do a VERY nice job. I have done chicken and 8 half racks of St. Louis Ribs on a mini, so do not have a world of experience with one. However, what I have done equal the results I get with my 18.5" WSM ("like TERRIFIC") so you will understand the smile on my face.

It's obvious from the pictures that your's is working VERY well, also. Welcome to the club!!

Keep smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back