5 lb 3 oz point can I smoke it start to finish in 11 hours?

What part of the brisket would you make burnt ends from if you were going to?
I have used the point a bunch of times......they are treats!
You use the point. Personally, make pork belly ends. Those are really great.

I just really prefer the point as sliced brisket. The flavor of a point is the best part of a brisket, at least in my house.

Flats make great corned beef, pastrami or burgers. They’re just too lean, even with fat cap left on them.

But to each their own. You do you. It’s all about what YOU want and like. You’re eating it, after all.

I wasn't trying to make a deal out of it to be honest, I slice my points all the time but have made burnt ends.
Delectable.....it's nice every once in a while to switch it up......
They are super tender, I would argue that the beef would be more tender than the pork........I have cooked PB burnt ends 2 times in the past few months.............haven't made brisket burnt ends in over a year now......Guess I should get on that.
Pork belly is also waaaaay easier on the pocket.
Can't wait to see what Dan brings to the table tonight.

I love that pic of the sunrise.
Do you get a pic worthy sunset also?
We only get a worthy sunset pic here.

Your cook is making me want to get a brisket on the BBQ..
I think I’m going to split mine as well.

Just teasin you Dan.......I have to light my fire before sunrise to get a " brisket portion " done and finished to eat for like 7pm......I get it.
My beef butcher cuts the brisket into 2 or 3 pieces.....not like you would think, like separating the muscles in the way any of us would do, but rather just cut it into 2 or 3 pieces per brisket......this is good and bad.

Good is I don't have to buy a whole 18 pound packer and work it all and cook it for a millennium.....
Bad is you really have to be on it to find the right cut......I have to go over a few vac packers in the cooler to make sure I am buying what I want.
I try to buy nothing but points.........as we discussed above on how good they are. 1 time I actually purchased the center portion of the brisket.
It was really fatty and not much meat, that was disappointing. I blame the MRS for making me feel rushed........hahahahaha....j/k.....but in all honesty she loves standing there waiting while I inspect all the cuts. 😳
I end up buying 3 or 4 of many different cuts to get them home to the freezer...it takes a while.

Just teasin you Dan.......I have to light my fire before sunrise to get a " brisket portion " done and finished to eat for like 7pm......I get it.
My beef butcher cuts the brisket into 2 or 3 pieces.....not like you would think, like separating the muscles in the way any of us would do, but rather just cut it into 2 or 3 pieces per brisket......this is good and bad.

Good is I don't have to buy a whole 18 pound packer and work it all and cook it for a millennium.....
Bad is you really have to be on it to find the right cut......I have to go over a few vac packers in the cooler to make sure I am buying what I want.
I try to buy nothing but points.........as we discussed above on how good they are. 1 time I actually purchased the center portion of the brisket.
It was really fatty and not much meat, that was disappointing. I blame the MRS for making me feel rushed........hahahahaha....j/k.....but in all honesty she loves standing there waiting while I inspect all the cuts. 😳
I end up buying 3 or 4 of many different cuts to get them home to the freezer...it takes a while.
Costco sells whole packers as small as 11# from my past experiences. It’s just a pick if the delivery lot.

1pm: wrapped. Temp varied from 165 or so in the thick part to 180 in the thinner parts.

I had a narrow window of time so I went foilboat style in a steamer pan, and put it back on 275F grate temp.

I went full analog without any meat probes, just looking at the clock. I'll test at 2.25pm.

I love that pic of the sunrise.
Do you get a pic worthy sunset also?
We only get a worthy sunset pic here.

Your cook is making me want to get a brisket on the BBQ..
I think I’m going to split mine as well.
every now and then we get a great sunset, but all too often its a tease and starts off like it will be amazing, but the sun is blocked by coastal clouds and it ends up just gray clouds.

for example, this one could have been amazing, but it fizzled.

1700084999721.png 1700085114778.png

Curses on you all! Now I want to smoke a brisket! I know my wifes son would be in and granddaughter would be too but,I have other things to use in the freezer and fridge!
In reality, there’s no snow predicted for some time yet so, I’ll get another chance for this year if not two!
Lol. This site is replete with good-for-nothing, rotten, low-down, stinkin' enablers. 🤣

Dammit. Now I really want the WSK.

Looks just awesome, Dan. I posted that before I saw you switched to the bge.

Still, I think I'm sold on the wsk.

Great cook.

Thanks,

I will say if a friend was buying one and asked me for advice, I'd recommend the WSK over the BGE.

I like the BGE and for smaller sized smokes it is my go-to.

The WSK is my grilling workhorse and for larger smokes it is the best.

Back