4 4# 10oz NY Cheesecakes

In my imagination I assumed you were making cheesecakes with the "orange you glad you're with us mixer" but in the real realm I thought you were writing or shooting a "how to cook" series. I'm glad you were just filling us.

Well, if you get going, make sure to include a Basque/burnt cheesecake to the menu...I absolutely love a traditional cheesecake, but the charred version makes both a visual and unique taste difference as well (picture not mine...just grabbed it from some random site).

1703284249683.png

Well, if you get going, make sure to include a Basque/burnt cheesecake to the menu...I absolutely love a traditional cheesecake, but the charred version makes both a visual and unique taste difference as well (picture not mine...just grabbed it from some random site).

View attachment 84122
never had this. need to research and look it up.

my NY ones aren't burnt. so i hope.

What if I sign an NDA?

Do you need angel funding?

Can I be on the board?
it'll be bootstrapped. maybe startup costs are 50-100k, ovens, refrigeration and a delivery van. very simple business. i just need time to do it, which i don't have atm. after May 2024, i hope to have a more clear plate between the homes and work.

I can be your pseudo front man / talking head / token NY’er to add authenticity to the endeavor. I’m not the prettiest guy around, but neither was Colonel Sanders and he seemed to do just fine selling yard birds without being much of an Adonis. BTW - forget the NYC wannabees and pretenders. The nuns at New Skete Manor in Whitehall, NY make the best authentic NY cheesecake on record. Should I send you one for “research” purposes to help size up the competition?

They’re done resting and now went to the fridge for cooling.

1703304821326.jpeg

1703304836653.jpeg

1703304853244.jpeg

1703304872355.jpeg

Some lucky people will enjoy these for Christmas. Not a bad present coming from their Jewish friend.

Side note. The Korean BBQ place is open Christmas Day. That might be breakfast and then we’ll watch the Niners game at night.

I can be your pseudo front man / talking head / token NY’er to add authenticity to the endeavor. I’m not the prettiest guy around, but neither was Colonel Sanders and he seemed to do just fine selling yard birds without being much of an Adonis. BTW - forget the NYC wannabees and pretenders. The nuns at New Skete Manor in Whitehall, NY make the best authentic NY cheesecake on record. Should I send you one for “research” purposes to help size up the competition?
The last time I was even near Whitehall was 1991. The year before we moved to CA.

I used to wholesale my cheesecakes back in 2005. But I had to put the launch on hold at that time to turn it into I full time venture.

Good for you, keep the recipe YOURS! The bakery down the street (last day today) has sold the building and some fixtures form what I know but, I do know that Marty is keeping the recipes for the time being.
Thanks. There’s just something special when I give these to friends. It’s the gift you cannot buy (at least now or yet) and that it’s totally homemade. It just feels good to hand them over and wish them a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah. Now I get to enjoy two days off from life.

Wishing all those that celebrate a very Merry Christmas! I’m looking forward to reading about and seeing all your fabulous cooks!

Well, if you need a midwest distribution hub for the future venture.... I'm not much for sweets, but cheesecake well done is an exception, and those look freaking gorgeous.

@Brett-EDH ...... I gotta ask..... and, in the interests of full disclosure, under no circumstances would I turn down a slice, but..... are you intending to produce cheesecakes with the crack? I don't make cheesecake often, but when I do, I'm getting relatively succesful at an unbroken top. Then again, with as many as you're making, you may not be able to take the time.

Basque cheesecake is on the list of things that I do want to try some time.

@Brett-EDH ...... I gotta ask..... and, in the interests of full disclosure, under no circumstances would I turn down a slice, but..... are you intending to produce cheesecakes with the crack? I don't make cheesecake often, but when I do, I'm getting relatively succesful at an unbroken top. Then again, with as many as you're making, you may not be able to take the time.

Basque cheesecake is on the list of things that I do want to try some time.
We’ve discussed this for many years and decided that cheesecakes without crack are just cheesefakes.

I’d be curious to hear how you stop the cracking. We experimented with a few different techniques, all which failed. So we chalked the cracks up to personality. Each cakes has their own personality.

Back