26 in kettle

Steve Lenz

TVWBB Fan
hi all. purchased a a new 26 inch kettle from a store that is going of of business. 200.00 out the door. enjoying the extra space. for tonight, cooking up some shrimp, tenderloin, asparagus and sqush.

That's a sweet deal. Best of the kettles in my opinion. With all the money you saved stick a ranch kettle frame under it and you got the perfect kettle.

The 26 is probably my favorite cooker.

Check out the Slow N Sear XL accessory that was just released for it. I just got one and used it for the first time last night. I love the regular SnS for my 22, and it worked pretty well in my 26, too. The larger size designed for the 26 so far is a very nice upgrade. Really enjoying putting it through the paces.

I am thinking of selling my 18" WSM and crappy gas grill and getting a 26" Kettle for downsizing reasons. Everything I read and see makes me feel like I will be still happy with the versatility - is my thinking right?

i would keep the gass grill and add the 26in. i still use my gasser after work when i dont feel like lighting the charcoal.

I would keep the WSM and sell the gas grill. We never touched our gasser after getting our 26. Lighting coals with a chimney starter adds maybe 10 minutes to the prep time compared to warming up a gas grill. My wife and I found we were enjoying the meal prep time together as down time from a hectic day. Not to mention the better food.

The gas grill sold pretty quick, too.

Great deal, Steve! I bought my 26 last summer...and it is amazing!! Had a Weber Genesis 330 propane that I never used after buying the 26" kettle, so I just sold it on Craig's List. I've gone through a ton of Weber 22" kettles in the past 40 years...I can remember paying $35 for a Weber kettle. Even had one of the first Genesis propane grills 30 years ago...and I usually replaced the propane grills about once a decade, since I've had four. Just recently bought my first Weber Smokey Mountain in the 22.5" size...absolutely amazing smoker! I've smoked on about every kind of smoker ever made, and the WSM is by-far the best one I've ever used. It is so nice that I sold my old offset stick burner that I've been using for several years. And, I also gave away a Weber 22" kettle. So, my patio went from 5 cookers to 2...the 26.75" Kettle and the 22.5" WSM. There is nothing I can't cook on one of them.

So, in my opinion, for what I consider an amazing price of $700, I have the two best pieces of outdoor cooking equipment ever made. That's $100 less than a Genesis 330...and almost half what an XL BGE costs. And, for me, if I could only have one piece of outdoor cooking equipment, it would be the 26.75" Kettle...because it can really do it all. I've smoked on it, and it will hold low temps for quite a while. It's also perfect for 2-zone cooking, with 508 sq in of cooking surface, as compared to the 22" kettle's 363 sq in of cooking surface.

Anyway, I want to cook on it every day...if I'm not using the WSM. :blackkettle: :wsm:

IMG_7388_zps1qpjvthb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BTW...that offset smoker behind them is now gone. These are the only two cookers I need...nothing they can't do, except smoke a whole hog, and I couldn't do that before anyway.

The old 22" kettle is now gone as well. But, you can sure see the difference in cooking area between the 22" and 26.75".

IMG_3543_zpsrrvprbc6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Back