25th Anniversary of The Virtual Weber Bullet website

Congrats, Chris! And a HUGE "THANK YOU"! I've only been around since I got my first WSM in 2010, but it's been such a great journey and resource, it seems like I've been depending on you and TVWBB for much longer. It is really wonderful how the sites have progressed from being WSM centric to encompassing all of Weber equipment. It's been nothing short of astonishing all you have personally contributed and all the contributions from members AND all the participation from the many great cooks, grill/smoker people and chefs over these many years. It's all of these activities that are the true appreciations for you and TVWBB.

No, "thanks" is scarcely enough, but all the responses here and all that TVWBB has become are the true tributes to your efforts!

Last edited:
Congrats on 25 years.

I have been here nearly a year, but only really active for 6 months, and found you via youtube Chris. I love it here and the weber charcoal enthusiasts are always there with answers to any of my questions on all three of my charcoal cookers and smokers!

Congratulations, Chris! The impact you have had on not only WSM, but Weber owners in general, is impossible to measure. I first washed ashore here over 16 years ago and continue to pick up new things when I check-in. Thank you for everything you have done! Now, 25 more, right?!

Once again NOT TVWBB
Yes that's the home page where you can navigate from cooking topics to product info or jump into the forum.

Just realized although we are talking about TVWB you started that the same year that I bought my 1998 LX1000. 25 years ago, seems like so long ago. Back then I didn't even know the bullet existed. Built my own mini off that site with a steamer pot and a smoky joe and the hook was set. Wish I had kept that one.

Congratulations Chris!
I lurked for over a decade before signing up. I'm not particularly social and I cooked on an offset and a UDS back then. Along the way I've learned a lot, like an alternate use for the Piedmont pan out of my offset. 😂 Thank you so much for your efforts. Best wishes for the days ahead.

Remember learning WSMs existed via a web site called Patio Pitmasters. Who wouldn't want to be a Pitmasters? Then I read a wicked awesome Amazon review on WSMs and ordered a 14".

Once I got my first smoker I was completely lost. Then I found this place's Cooking Topics section and I was off to the races.

I am super appreciative of the feedback and support from the forum. Mainly it is inspiration. Seeing and reading about what people are up to... I mean that has exposed me to many flavors and techniques that otherwise I would never have experienced.

Congratulations! Although I haven't been on the site much recently, you helped me tremendously on my BBQ journey and, ironically, today is my 15th year anniversary joining this forum!

Joined Dec 7, 2003

So, I will have been with this site 20 years this December. I’ve enjoyed this site immensely throughout that time. I’ve cooked some great food during that time all thanks to Chris and the members on this site. Our family knew little about BBQ when I started and now we all look forward to it whether I’m cooking it or we’re buying it at one of the many restaurants that now serve BBQ (the ones that are the real deal). My first smoker was some no name brand that I bought at Cabela’s. I found this site trying to make it work. The site was very specific to the WSM so I just decided to go ahead and get one and join in on the discussion/cooking. As Chris mentioned, it wasn’t exactly easy to get but there was a local hardware store (True Value) that had one and the rest is history.

A few highlights:

Keri’s Hog-Apple Baked Beans. Everyone likes these. This recipe gets pulled out when the family gets together for special occasion BBQ’s. It’s common when we invite everyone over to eat to be asked if I’m making beans. Never thought of putting apple pie filling in a bean recipe but it so works, especially with just a little bit of heat. Honorable mention goes to pig candy. Again heat and sweet. Yum.

On New Year’s we usually bought ribs from a restaurant but when I got my WSM credentials, I started cooking the ribs. I can’t believe how much I used to eat back then (and I wasn’t alone). My biggest rib cook on my 18” WSM was 9 racks. It was close to zero that day but thankfully there was no wind. It was a Happy New Year’s.

Once a got together with a member and we bought/split a pallet of charcoal. Not just any charcoal. It was the extruded coconut charcoal from the Philippines. We had the pallet shipped to my wife’s work because they had a loading dock and I became known as the guy who bought a pallet of charcoal at her work. I still have a box of the stuff. You could literally get a 24 hour burn in a WSM with it.

My most crazy purchase was initiated through this site. A member was selling his 1880. I just had to have it. This was before they re-introduced the 14” WSM. I paid stupid money for it but I love it and still have it. I got rid of my 18” when I downsized my home but the little 1880 wasn’t going anywhere.

It’s been a great couple decades and I’m very thankful for the work that Chris has put into this site. It’s not too crazy to say that TVWBB changed my life.

Thank you Chris!

Back