2005 Blue Genesis Platinum

Before I get everyone's hopes up. I must confess I am just converting my Green Platinum to Blue with a few different mod's. I just thought it would deserve its own thread, so I created this one to log where I stand on this version of it.

At least three of us have blue Genesi :)

View attachment 46453
From Merriam - Webster:

gen·e·sis | \ ˈje-nə-səs \
plural geneses\ ˈje-nə-ˌsēz \
Definition of genesis (Entry 1 of 2)
: the origin or coming into being of something
the genesis of a new political movement

Genesis is actually a name, not a noun or verb. If you had a roomful of people named Chris, would you call them a roomful of Chrisi, or a roomful of Chrises?

Before I get everyone's hopes up. I must confess I am just converting my Green Platinum to Blue with a few different mod's. I just thought it would deserve its own thread, so I created this one to log where I stand on this version of it.
No need to apologize for not modding. If you're reading other threads, you'll see there's a healthy contingent who believe there's virtue in maintaining the original design.

From Merriam - Webster:

gen·e·sis | \ ˈje-nə-səs \
plural geneses\ ˈje-nə-ˌsēz \
Definition of genesis (Entry 1 of 2)
: the origin or coming into being of something
the genesis of a new political movement

Genesis is actually a name, not a noun or verb. If you had a roomful of people named Chris, would you call them a roomful of Chrisi, or a roomful of Chrises?
I am not a fan of linguistic rules. Poets frequently rewrite and expand the use of language by taking things in new directions, as do every day people as slang evolves its way into the vernacular. A healthy language, in my view, is a living, breathing, ever-evolving thing. So, for me, the plural will remain Genesi.

I am not a fan of linguistic rules. Poets frequently rewrite and expand the use of language by taking things in new directions, as do every day people as slang evolves its way into the vernacular. A healthy language, in my view, is a living, breathing, ever-evolving thing. So, for me, the plural will remain Genesi.
My wife makes up words when they don't come readily, too...some of them are quite entertaining!

Last edited:
My wife makes up words when they don't come readily, too...some of them are quite entertaining!
I imaging your wife is trying to be funny. My mom used to do that but she didn't know she was doing it. Would try to use big words she didn't quite grasp. I would try not to laugh.

I imaging your wife is trying to be funny. My mom used to do that but she didn't know she was doing it. Would try to use big words she didn't quite grasp. I would try not to laugh.
The only gaffe that immediately comes to mind...years ago, we had two cats, Booger and Scooter. My wife was walking down the hallway and one of the cats ran between her legs and she yelled out in anger, "Dadgum it, Spoover!" I'm cracking up...who the heck is this Spoover?

But the most common thing is while she's talking to our daughter (42yo) and gets close to a "real"word but puts her own spin on it and then tries to play it off hoping that we won't notice...but of course I'll repeat the word just as she said it and ask her if she just made that up...she'll 'fess up and then we'll all have a laugh. Sometimes her words are so much more descriptive.

The only problem I have with Genesi is that it looks like a typo.

The only gaffe that immediately comes to mind...years ago, we had two cats, Booger and Scooter. My wife was walking down the hallway and one of the cats ran between her legs and she yelled out in anger, "Dadgum it, Spoover!" I'm cracking up...who the heck is this Spoover?

But the most common thing is while she's talking to our daughter (42yo) and gets close to a "real"word but puts her own spin on it and then tries to play it off hoping that we won't notice...but of course I'll repeat the word just as she said it and ask her if she just made that up...she'll 'fess up and then we'll all have a laugh. Sometimes her words are so much more descriptive.

The only problem I have with Genesi is that it looks like a typo.
Your wife's in great company. Shakespeare, Dickens, Carroll, Mark Twain, Dr. Seuss . . .

I don’t really desire another gas grill, but a blue head would 100% have to happen
Well, I think @Dave in KC lives close to Independence Porcelainizing and (I could be wrong so don't quote me) I think he said he paid $125 for a lid to be redone in red. Maybe you have a porcelainizing shop nearby? I'd like a lighter blue myself, like a Robin's Egg blue or a turquoise, and there are several shops in my area. There's even a powder-coating outfit a few miles from me and I keep meaning to check that out. Don't get me wrong, if a blue lid came up for free or for sale at a price I'm willing to pay, I'd jump on it. But I've gotten to the pragmatic phase of Weberitis where I realize a blue lid ain't going to cook any better than what I have now and one more grill would likely be one too many.

Don't get me wrong, if a blue lid came up for free or for sale at a price I'm willing to pay, I'd jump on it.

To bad gas is over 5 bucks a gallon. Had you and the misses made a trip last fall you'd have a blue head and I'd have more space in my garage.

20211017_134110.jpg

There aren’t too many places doing grill re-porcelain work. That’s the only way to change a Weber hood color properly. I think the cost is higher than $125 - probably a lot higher. The guy in Independence does gorgeous work, though. I wish I could afford to have home make me a Skyline kettle lid!

Back