$200 off Smokefire

Congrats Lew. Seeing the updates that have been made and the letter from the Weber CEO was enough for me to order another EX4 when you threw in a $200 discount. I really have missed the food it made, especially at higher temps. I sold my OKJ and am trying to sell my gasser to make room. The EX4 will be a replacement for my gasser and might only be used for 'grilling' so I don't have to mess with drip trays, etc.

Congrats Lew. Seeing the updates that have been made and the letter from the Weber CEO was enough for me to order another EX4 when you threw in a $200 discount. I really have missed the food it made, especially at higher temps. I sold my OKJ and am trying to sell my gasser to make room. The EX4 will be a replacement for my gasser and might only be used for 'grilling' so I don't have to mess with drip trays, etc.
I really think that replacing a gasser is a good option. My SF heats up faster than my Weber Genesis.

For anyone who has the military discount with Lowe's I just did a test run on their site and it applied a $99.90 military discount to the bill for an EX6. Total savings of about $300 and FREE delivery. Availability by July 6.

Thanks to the Pathfinders who took the plunge early on and kept the rest of us informed. You folks have been great.

All of a sudden I am very very interested. I told my wife about it and she said "Do what you want". After I post this I'm ordering from Lowe's.

15 minutes later. $964.04 all in for the EX6. Now I wait.
Lew Is that free delivery to the store or your home?

Kevin, The online purchase said free delivery and this is off their site.
How to get free standard shipping on qualifying orders $45 or more:
  • You must be logged in to your MyLowe’s account prior to checkout to get free shipping. New MyLowe’s customers must register for an account prior to checkout
When I checked out I was logged into my account and it automatically deducted the military discount and asked for a shipping address. I gave them my residence. If I get a call from R&L Carriers to schedule a delivery I will know I read all of that correctly. UPDATE - 10 minutes after I posted this I got the carriers call. Delivery Thursday afternoon to my garage door. 😁 😁 😁

Estimated delivery 7/2/20. This 78 year old kid is looking under the Christmas tree every hour.

Last edited:
Bruce, I apologize for hijacking your thread. I'm going to start a new one so this thread can discuss the discount and I will put my situation on there.

Kevin, The online purchase said free delivery and this is off their site.
How to get free standard shipping on qualifying orders $45 or more:
  • You must be logged in to your MyLowe’s account prior to checkout to get free shipping. New MyLowe’s customers must register for an account prior to checkout
When I checked out I was logged into my account and it automatically deducted the military discount and asked for a shipping address. I gave them my residence. If I get a call from R&L Carriers to schedule a delivery I will know I read all of that correctly. UPDATE - 10 minutes after I posted this I got the carriers call. Delivery Thursday afternoon to my garage door. 😁 😁 😁

Estimated delivery 7/2/20. This 78 year old kid is looking under the Christmas tree every hour.
This is great news Lew I was just checking out on EX4 buuy but it will not give a veteran discount on a sale item.

I got mine at my local Lowes today. Doing the burn off now. It did not come with the welded auger, so I guess I will be contacting Weber about that. Are they fairly easy going with sending those out or do you have to show a need?

I think anything off a store floor inventory may need an update but Weber will be right there to get it done. You will have to tolerate the time and effort required to get it done.

Gotta love Weber as a company. I emailed them about the $200 off and said it was a little frustrating that new owners get a discount on top of a well oiled machine while the original owners paid full price and was stuck problem solving for months. Got a response saying that they would have no problem giving me $200 back. Got a call the next day and the money was put on my credit card shortly after.

Gotta love Weber as a company. I emailed them about the $200 off and said it was a little frustrating that new owners get a discount on top of a well oiled machine while the original owners paid full price and was stuck problem solving for months. Got a response saying that they would have no problem giving me $200 back. Got a call the next day and the money was put on my credit card shortly after.
That takes some of the sting out of being a beta tester!

That's a nice surprise.

Back