2 Quick meals, with new Lighting!

From someone whose photo skills suck, those are really good shots.........food doesn't look too bad either........................d

Outstanding food photos Jeremy!

I peaked at some of your other pics too.
Beautiful area where you live, and you capture it very well indeed!

I like the setup, Jeremy. Does the light use a fluorescent or halogen daylight bulb? When I'm feeling ambitious I set up a pair of silver umbrellas with Vivitar 285s at 45-60 degrees to the table and use a mottled gray background, but that requires some effort so I don't do it that often. I also have an old pair of 110V strobes (either Novatron or Bowen, I forget which) that I keep meaning to hang from the basement ceiling but they need new sync cords.

Oh, and your dinner looked pretty good, too!
Bob it's actually a halogen work light (read I'm really cheap hehe). Though it sounds like you are better set up than me, but I hear ya actually setting up to shoot takes more time than the cooking sometimes....

Thanks guys!
Jim that's what the wife said too.. You just gotta work fast ;), or I hear you can set it up later??? Not sure about that..

Thanks Bob!

Jeremy looks good. I am also into photography and love to bbq. Great combination for food photography. Photos look good. I would try to correct the color balance a little. On my screen it looks like the plates are not white but have a little color cast (first photo). I just mention it because I would want someone doing it for me. Lighting looks great and so does the composition. I did not expect to see a fellow photog on here. Great work.

Dang and I thought my iphone was just that good the whole time. ;)

Nice looking meal and pics Jeremy. Looking forward to the next.

Jeremy looks good. I am also into photography and love to bbq. Great combination for food photography. Photos look good. I would try to correct the color balance a little. On my screen it looks like the plates are not white but ☺have a little color cast (first photo). I just mention it because I would want someone doing it for me. Lighting looks great and so does the composition. I did not expect to see a fellow photog on here. Great work.
I see what you are saying Don, my webpage isn't showing as much of a cast so I will take a look at the files again.. I didn't notice it during processing but thanks for mentioning it ;)

I see what you are saying Don, my webpage isn't showing as much of a cast so I will take a look at the files again.. I didn't notice it during processing but thanks for mentioning it ;)
Your dishes, on my un-calibrated laptop, look very white to me.
I often have to adjust my tungsten shots, since I use AWB, and seldom change it.
but I'm a die hard jpeg shooter using Picasa.:)

Geez, I might have to change my game. All this time I have been saving my pennies for fast glass, but I already own a work light identical to that one, and some bedsheets.....

LOVE IT! But emilie would scream if i added a step to my cooking. If my indoor lightning doesent do it and the flash makes everything turn out bad...I often dont post it. Would be a really cool thing to add to those special ones though. Would love to se your setup mate. And i really dig your pics. So crisp! (still think i spend to mutch time with my camera in hand instead of a fork)

Back