2 different models of Q's 3200?

Dave

Greetings from Greece šŸ– and my first post ;)
While I was researching what to replace my old rust bucket(no name Chinese BBQ grill) with, I came up with either a genesis II E-330 or
Napoleon Phantom Rogue SE 425. They are both DAMN EXPANSIVE here in Europe for some reason so I decided to look into the Q 3200 series of
weber grills since they have countless of good reviews on amazon and this forum plus I like the idea of having no metals rusting under the box.
Now during my search for a black Friday deal, I found 2 different models of Q3200's. I'm posting pictures down bellow.
So my question(s) to you gurus are:
1) Are they 2 models of Q3200 ? if so, do you know the differences between them ?
2) Will the Q 3200 be hot enough for good sear marks on steaks?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 9
Picture 1.jpg is the Q320 that proceeded the Q3200 shown in picture 2.jpg. The Q320 has a one piece grate, the Q3200 has a split grate. Q320 has piezo igniter, Q3200 has electronic igniter. The grill will easily get up to 500Ā°F and will get good marks on steaks. Limitations on both of these are if you want to cook something slow like smoking a turkey, there is no easy way to isolate the heat to a burner on the far side of the grill. These are excellent grills, I use my 3200 five days a week. Iā€™m jealous we canā€™t buy them in black here in the US.

Last edited:
Picture 1.jpg is the Q320 that proceeded the Q3200 shown in picture 2.jpg. The Q320 has a one piece grate, the Q3200 has a split grate.
That make sense now. That site probably made a mistake with the pictures Mark cause they are advertising both of them as the Q 3200.
As for my question regarding how hot it gets for good sear marks? I guess it's a (y) ?
And by the way, are the new (2019-2020) genesis II E 300's any good? any problems you guys know about? I like the one with open cart. If they are a huge upgrade over the Q 3200 I might just save some more $$$ and get one of them in spring 2021.

Dave

I can tell you the Q3xx NEVER had a one piece grate. I have one of the early Q320s and I can guarantee you the original grate I recently replaced was 2 pieces.

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the Q 3200, add me to the 3200 Club. Couldn't justify getting the Genesis or the Napoleon since it's only the wife and I who will be using it and also saved myself some $$. Also many happy Q owners out there helped in making my decision. Btw, pic 1 was the old model, it was confirmed by the store manager, just a mistake on their part.
Time to search for recipes and I hope the learning curve will be easy (y)

Dave, check some of the Australian Weber or BBQ sites. The Q grills are very popular down under and I have found some good tips and recipes there.

I think you are going to be very happy with your choice. Take a few minutes to scrape the grease into the drip pan every couple cooks and wire brush the burner tubes. It takes just a few minutes. Your Q 3200 will give you great service if you give it a little bit of care.

I think you are going to be very happy with your choice. Take a few minutes to scrape the grease into the drip pan every couple cooks and wire brush the burner tubes. It takes just a few minutes. Your Q 3200 will give you great service if you give it a little bit of care.
No worries Jon, I will try to take good care of this thing, I want it to last me for a while. It's my first weber by the way :)
Since we are on the cleaning subject, what about those cooking grates? a SS brush is the way to go? It won't damage the porcelain enameled coating?

I agree with Larry, but myself I tend to use the disposable black pads after the grill has cooled to just mildly warm. Soft on the plated cast iron. I get them for $1.00 a piece at the Dollar Store.

Not sure what the availability of the SS grates are for Q3200 grills is over in Greece, but if you can score a set, do so and save yourself a lot of hassle with cleaning and rust prevention. They make the Q grills pretty much indestructible.

Back