1st pork shoulder in my mini-WSM

Sian

Finally did a shoulder on my new Mini - my third cook with it. I can't express how impressed I am with these little things. Temp was steady as a rock. Went for hours and there was still loads of charcoal left when I was done. Incredible scenes!

Anyway, here's my cook. A boneless shoulder (it kinda fell apart before I began, so thank god for my Foodloop Flame laces I picked up last time I was in NYC), liberally rubbed with a simple paprika, brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, ground coffee, cayenne, onion powder rub. Smoked with a combo of sugar maple and apple wood.

CGYYQikl.jpg

ObpHa69l.jpg

Lvnmf8Ll.jpg

YkMSRXsl.jpg

I hope to do half as good as you did in your mini. Nicely done, but me thinks ya should have had a picture of it going into the mini ;)

That is a good lookin' pile o' Pork, Sian!
I'm not too sure about the steel, but it seems to work...

Thanks for the lovely comments, guys. Much appreciated.

Cliff (and Brian) - I can highly recommend those laces - I have some silicon ones for regular cooking, then I noticed these grill specific ones last time I was in the US. They've proved invaluable to harness falling apart bits of meat ever since!

They're called Foodloop Flames by Fusionbrands if you were tempted - I'm sure google would yield a quick result! ;)

Looks great Sian. Did you baste or spray often?

Thanks! I confess I didn't this time. Just rubbed it and bunged it in. I was busy doing other stuff so just left it to its own devices!

Looks awesome! How long did you run it on the mini, and what temp?

Thanks! It ran for about about 5 hours at 275 (lit with Minion method). There was loads of fuel (restaurant grade lump) left. It could have gone on for far longer, but the small shoulder was more than ready to come off...

Back